Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

April 20 in the Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 04-19-2012, 07:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

April 20 in the Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

I try to be grateful when others in my group suggest changes in my attitude toward this or that problem. “Detach from it,” advises one. “Try to get a perspective on things,” says another. “Don’t say anything when you’re angry” – “Keep the First Step in mind…”

This is good counsel, but mighty hard to put into practice when you’re face to face with a crisis. So I will give myself another bit of advice: “Don’t blame yourself when you fail; just keep trying. You know you’re improving – your Al-Anon friends can see it, even if you’re too close to the problems to be aware that you’re growing. Everything you hear at meetings, every bit of Al-Anon reading, supports your efforts to do a little better next time.”

TODAY’S REMINDER

The most helpful of all reminders is the old slogan, “Easy Does It.” When I can’t accomplish all I’d like to, when I’m confronted with reverses and nothing seems to work right, I’ll just remember, “Easy Does It.” Somehow, it guides me into a less hectic frame of mind. Changing to a more comfortable rhythm smoothes out the bumps.

“When I’m trying too hard to change things, when I forget to let go – when I demand too much, too soon, of myself and others, I’ll ask God to remind me that Easy Does It.”
Old 04-20-2012, 08:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Meredith, I needed that one today! ; )