Did Not Stop to See Him.....yeah!!

Old 04-19-2012, 09:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Did Not Stop to See Him.....yeah!!

Sunday in my way to Costco, I saw my XAH parked at his XSponsor home, X moved to another town a year ago, so I was way surprised to see him here. My immediate reaction was to stop and see him, I got anxiety and the committee in my head started to make plans on what xcuse I was going to use to stop by, so I said to my HP " if it was HIS will for me to stop and see my xah (over a year since I last saw him), that he will be still there after I come back from the store" (yes, I do deals with my HP..lol), You all should see how fast I went thru the store aisles..record time shopping..lol.
So as I drove back to home, my XAH car was still there, so I speed up to get home and take the gorceries out of the car, by then I had a plan!! Anxiety levels were high and I was reacting.
My niece was home and I told her my plans, she suggested I take her car and stalk him for a while,
As I started to talk to her about XAH, memories of how mean and hurtful he has been, I felt calm and serene, I remembered a lot of what I have learned and said a loud to me and her..WHY DO I WANT TO GIVE HIM AN EXCUSE TO HURT ME!! and I remember that self-love is not allowing someone to do that.
Then I came to the peaceful conclusion that my HP was giving the opportunity to see my recovery first hand, I was grateful and then I took a good nap later I left to see my boyfriend (normie) and I was very happy.
Recovery is amazing and happiness is possible, I had to go thru a lot of pain but it has been so worth it, because I am. Al anon works.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good Job!!! Im proud of you!!! You have worked very hard in your program, the results are showing. Your an inspiration to us. Thank you for sharing.

P.S. I loove Cosco!!! mmm pizza.

And....The committee in my head thing cracked me up!
Old 04-19-2012, 10:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm with lilmssunshine love the committee in the head, I'm going to use that one myself. Sounds like recovery in action, great job and keep going! We're cheering you on.