SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   court tomorrow (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/254573-court-tomorrow.html)

wanttobehealthy 04-18-2012 03:45 PM

court tomorrow

tomorrow is the pre-trial conference for the criminal charges against me. i attempted last week to get housing at the domestic violence shelter in my town and was told that because i have pending assault charges against me (despite my explaining the entire story and despite finding information from the coalition against d.v. that victims are arrested all too frequently) they can't provide me housing at this time with victims of dom violence since technically i am the perpetrator. yeah. that's right. this is my state and my town. totally f'ed up.

good news is that ah got crazy on sunday in front of witnesses and i recorded it all and it will just further show that he lied to the cops and created this whole fiasco. i also hope that it will be useable in the custody battle that is sure to ensue once the criminal case is over.

anyway, keep me in your thoughts if you would tomorow. the news of my being arrested continues to be republished online and in local newspapers in my hometown and the town i work in and because of that my employer has backed away some from the supportive stance they took initially when they figured it wouldn't be a huge deal (bc it shouldn;t be and normally wouldn't be publicized like this but ah is clearly behind it). so, i'm on probation at work essentially whether i am found innocent or not and the best i have been told is that in june my boss and her boss will assess the damage (the reputation of the organization i guess is being tarnished bc of having me there and having this news constantly republished) and review my employment. i am not hopeful for the long term.

trying to take it one day at a time and focus right now just on tomorrow. i hope it will all be dismissed and then i can go about dealing with the divorce and custody.

ah threatened to tell the court i tried to "witness tamper" and admitted he'd lie if need be (and that's what i recorded). so, my lawyer has that recording and is planning to play it for the prosecutor tomorrow before court and assures me that it will be dismissed. we'll see.

Taking5 04-18-2012 04:00 PM

You are in my prayers. Please let us know how everything goes.

fourmaggie 04-18-2012 04:32 PM

((hugs))

Tuffgirl 04-18-2012 04:34 PM

Sometimes the very rules that protect victims also perpetuate victimization.

Stay strong! I am rooting for Team WTBH!

P.S. any chance you can move someday?

Impurrfect 04-18-2012 04:44 PM

(((WTBH))) - saying extra, extra prayers for you now, and will continue to do so.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

m1k3 04-18-2012 04:59 PM

((((HUGS))))

Sending you strength and support.

You are stronger than you realize.

Your friend,

wanttobehealthy 04-18-2012 05:09 PM

tuffgirl- hell yes to the can i move someday.... i think the key is getting a custody arrangement hammered out and the way things are going with my job, i will be able to argue that i have to move for employment and hopefully that'll work out. but i guess that's getting too far ahead. for now i just need to focus on trying to sleep tonight. i am a nervous wreck.

inpieces314 04-18-2012 05:25 PM

take a tylenol pm or something, usually I don't go for that, but you want to look your best tomorrow, not all stressed out. And stay calm tomorrow, no matter what happens.

You'll be fine.

Pelican 04-18-2012 05:26 PM

:grouphug:Sending encouragement and support!

Zoenob 04-18-2012 05:53 PM

Good luck tomorrow.

Justfor1 04-18-2012 06:01 PM

If the ex-husband is capable of influencing the media than the best option is to move. He is clearly insane & it seems to be a uphill battle. I hope I'm wrong but the image I get is your town is like a small little town stuck in '50s.

celticgenes 04-18-2012 06:09 PM

Dear WTBH, you sound like one tough cookie. He is trying his psycho, borderline, alcoholic best to bring you down. Best of luck tomorrow. I believe that eventually the truth will come to light, and you will be free of this nutjob.

When you are, go far, far, far away, and be at peace.

Hugs and serenity to you!

:ghug3

wanttobehealthy 04-18-2012 07:46 PM

Anvil- does the Codie bus come w built in a$$ kicking for AH too?

Thanks for all your encouraging words everyone. I'm still scared
silly but truth is on my side so I have to trust that's worth something!

Impurrfect 04-18-2012 07:51 PM

(((WTBH))) - Of COURSE the codie bus is equipped with that:) Remember how many of us wanted to do that in the first place? In fact there are going to be SO many of us "there" with you, we may need to borrow the SR jet that seats more.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

megan09 04-18-2012 10:47 PM

You will be in my thoughts today. also. I am sure though, that the truth will out. Hugs.

theuncertainty 04-18-2012 11:38 PM

Sending hugs, WTBH. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Seren 04-19-2012 02:03 AM

(((((wtbh))))) My thoughts and prayers are with you today!

m1k3 04-19-2012 06:03 AM

(((hugs))) Good luck today. Sending strength and support.

Your friend,

posiesperson 04-19-2012 06:09 AM

Sending support and positive thoughts~

posie