Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

April 16 in the Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 04-16-2012, 11:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

April 16 in the Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

When I can finally persuade myself to let go of a problem that has been tormenting me, solutions begin to unfold that I never dreamed were possible. This should convince me that my human understanding does have limits – that there are things I can’t figure out by myself. Only then I will let go – and trust to a Higher Power for help.

Such an experience – seeing things happen that I did not bring to pass – should prove to me that another person’s actions and fate are not in my hands. The sooner I accept this, the sooner good things will begin to unfold in my own life.

TODAY’S REMINDER

To “Let go and Let God” is the way we find peace of mind. Our stubborn self-will can only hinder the working out of our problems. If I really want to be free to build a satisfying life for myself, I must first release the alcoholic from my efforts to direct and control.

“May I always keep in the forefront of my mind that I am not all-wise and all-powerful. Only God is that – and it is on Him that I must rely.”