QUACKing keeps me LOL

Old 04-12-2012, 06:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wink QUACKing keeps me LOL

After a very short shift at the restaurant last night, I open the door to my AH drunk as all get out sitting on the sofa. One of his favorite things to do is put down my job, the amount of hours I do or don't work, yada yada yada.

So this time it was going to be about the fact that I was only there 4 hours. Well, as the first works were coming out of his mouth my twisted humor kicked in and AH's head was replaced by Donald Duck in a frenzy pulling on his hair (feathers?) & "AFFLACK" was coming out of his mouth.

I bit the inside of my cheek to keep from laughing, somehow managed to say something about needing cigarettes and flew back out the door, into the Jeep and down the road. I parked around the corner and completely lost it. Tears streaming down my face and clutching my tummy I know whoever drove by must have thought I was insane. It was the best feeling!

I get back home and AH had totally forgotten I was there the first time and started again. People, keep in mind, showers and bathroom fans are great for drowning out laughter. OH what a night!!
Old 04-12-2012, 08:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm glad you can laugh about it! Sometimes laughter is definitely the best medicine!

the whole thing kind of p'd me off though........who is he to judge how long you are at work (and restaurants are not easy work!) when he is sitting on his drunk, lazy azz?

He sounds so much like my XAH.......I never did enough! Working full time, (kids in daycare, mind you, because he couldn't "handle that stress all day", not that he could be trusted with them anyway, coming home to cooking, cleaning, taking care of the kids while he got drunk and watched TV. A donald duck head would have fit him nicely as well.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad you can laugh!!!! Sometimes that is just what we need
Old 04-12-2012, 09:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you for seeing it for what it is. And finding the humor in it all, instead of reacting.