The Clown Story

Old 04-09-2012, 03:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
And Presents For Pretty Girls

The Clown Story

"A man found himself in the middle of a long hallway. In the middle of this long hallway was a solitary door. He walked up to the door and knocked on it. It was answered by a clown who proceeded to beat the life out of him. The next day, the gentleman was in the hallway once more, and once more found his way to the door and knocked on it. Again, it was answered by the same clown and again the clown beat him senseless. This occurred for 4 more days - the man would be in the hallway, go to the door, knock on it and the clown would answer the door only to beat him senseless once more.

On the 7th day, the man was once again in the hallway. He walked up to the door and knocked on it - but no one answered. So, he went looking for the clown."

Now, here is the part of the story I wrote from the Clown's perspective.

"Wow, she finally found me, she must really want me. I'm going to treat her like ****, disrespect her, lie to her, give her just little bits of my time and make promises I have no intention of keeping. She surely won't stay around after that.

Hmmmm....I can't believe she's come back looking for me again. I would have thought that by treating her so bad to begin with she wouldn't want to be treated like that anymore. I'm going to treat her like **** some more, give her some even bigger lies and give her hope when I know there isn't any.

WOW, she is back for more? I thought for sure she'd have gone away by now. After all, I have really been an ******* to her. I've given her nothing but pain and heartache, yet she seems to enjoy all these bad things I can give her. I'm thinking she must be enjoying this.

OMG - this is great! She has come back again and I now know for sure that I don't ever have to change. That no matter how bad I treat her, no matter what I say or do, no matter how much I lie to her, hurt her, give her hope - she is just going to accept it. I don't have to change my life, give up my drinking and partying and having a good time because she has proven to me she will continue to keep coming back for me. No matter how bad I treat her. I get to have someone who will continually take all the abuse I can dish out, will hold my head while I puke, clean up after I make a mess of our finances, of our life, of our children's lives. I can still have the true love of my life, my drink/drug of choice, because she is waiting around for me to change and always available to me no matter what. She is so happy for the 10% of me that's worth anything that I don't have to give more than that.

Wow, I LOVE being the Clown. I have it made!!

I feel sorry for the one who keeps looking for me."
Old 04-09-2012, 04:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I really took this to heart and enjoyed it. I think my sad wicked fiance feels this way. I really really think he does.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hi everyone,

I've removed a post that violated Rule 9:

9. If it shouldn't be viewed by minors, then it shouldn’t be posted to the forums or chat rooms. This is a public, family-friendly forum. In addition, if something would not be considered “work safe” (to a boss or co-worker), then it shouldn’t be posted.
Please keep this in mind.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Anvil, I saw the post and youtubed the song, it is catchy and so "me" lol
Old 04-09-2012, 06:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ugggggggggg thanks for posting it.

Reality is so hard to see sometimes.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I heard the story about the clown a few years back, took it to heart while I was in a not so good place, held on to it, and have since shared it with whomever else I thought needed to hear it...YOUR rendition of the Clown, though.. simply PRICELESS. THANK YOU. It is now Epic.