Lots going on

Old 04-09-2012, 01:04 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Hugs, Fun2Dress.

Here there are online Alanon meetings:

Online Alanon Outreach
Online Al-Anon Outreach

I have resisted going to therapy and 12 step groups often but when I have gone, I always feel much better afterwards - either that or I get food for thought /new ideas/ a different outlook.... its hard to explain but I hope you can join one of those groups, I know they have email, chat and telephone meetings.

My heart goes out to you, I tend to worry a lot when I do not know facts, but once I know about my options things get easier - Chino's questions are very important, knowing your kids will be taken care of and loved will go a long way to make you feel more peaceful.

Hugs and prayers.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:21 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Fun2Dress-

Often centers that you get physical treatment for cancer will have resources to help with the mental/emotional and legal side of life when we are faced with a variety of challenges like you have. Do you know what is offered where you are?

I know that does not directly mean talking about living with someone with an alcohol problem, but they often have resources available to get you into the right direction.

Just thinking of you and your family today and sending out warm, kind thoughts to you all.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I can't say anything that hasn't been said: you're incredibly brave, a loving mother and sound so much more composed than I think I'd be able to be in your shoes. Sending loving thoughts for you and your children your way.

Xoxo
Old 04-09-2012, 07:50 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
SR Fan

I was thinking the same thing as jessiec - some professional counseling might help you think through some things and if your husband agreed to go with you it might help him look at what he's doing. You need support and a positive place to open up a dialogue between you.

I'm sending big prayers for healing for you and your family. :ghug3