Blogs

Notices

shared custody

Old 04-05-2012, 11:04 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

WTBH, AXH is the same way with lying. My all-time favorite saying in connection with him is: He couldn't tell the truth if it climbed into his mouth and tried to jump out.

I was SURE the court would be snowed, mainly because I was for so long. However, since they don't have the emotional investment with the A, they're less likely to miss or overlook the cues that the last statement was a bald-faced lie. The court wasn't snowed, at least not completely. It's even written into my divorce decree: This court finds that TU is more credible than AXH.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to theuncertainty For This Useful Post:
Florence (04-05-2012), hadenoughnow (04-05-2012), wanttobehealthy (04-05-2012)
Old 04-05-2012, 11:16 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I was SURE the court would be snowed, mainly because I was for so long. However, since they don't have the emotional investment with the A, they're less likely to miss or overlook the cues that the last statement was a bald-faced lie. The court wasn't snowed, at least not completely. It's even written into my divorce decree: This court finds that TU is more credible than AXH.
Ditto.

As hard as it is to believe sometimes, especially after what you just went through with the cops, you have to have faith that your integrity is going to pull you ahead of this jerk. Remember, the family court sees these charades all the time, and the person who is better suited to care for the children, who puts the children's interests first, and who has their head screwed on straight rises to the top very quickly. Just be the better person. Shouldn't be too hard.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Florence For This Useful Post:
StarCat (04-05-2012), theuncertainty (04-05-2012)
Old 04-05-2012, 11:21 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

AH is a pathological liar and yet accuses me any chance he can of lying.
Something to know/remember about narcissists/sociopaths is that they show their cards very easily. You hear "mirror" analogies all the time when researching these behavior patterns. He wants you to be his mirror, and reflect all the wonderful things he believes about himself back at him. If you won't be his mirror, he wants to break the mirror. Since he can't do that, he will ascribe every bad characteristic he knows about the world onto you. But the thing about narcissists is that the only thing they know is themselves.

So if he's accusing you of lying, you can be sure he's lying. You can be confident in that. Don't bother trying to figure him out or anticipate what's coming. He'll reveal himself eventually and it will be just as mean, absurd, and crazy as the last thing.

I firmly believe that anything build on lies will eventually fall apart. You've got to be deft with the truth in this situation, especially if he thinks he's got anything real on you (like the arrest), but honesty and bravery are what will carry you.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Florence For This Useful Post:
hadenoughnow (04-05-2012), StarCat (04-05-2012), theuncertainty (04-05-2012), wanttobehealthy (04-05-2012)