SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   update (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/253040-update.html)

wanttobehealthy 04-01-2012 03:25 PM

update

Hi, I guess I am being tested to see how much I can handle and right now the answer is "no more". I got a call yesterday after my D4's birthday party from my boss telling me that I am not to return to work until further notice because there was an article on Friday (not a police log but an actual article with my mug shot) stating that I was a teacher and the name of the school and that I was charged with assaulting my AH. So, living in an at will employment state, my employer can fire me at any time without cause and I can't do a thing about it. My boss said that the school board needs to meet and talk to their lawyers about whether this is something they can live with if I still work there. She told me it doesn't look good and is sorry bc she knows that AH is evil and dangerous and that I did nothing wrong, but the fact that my arrest is so public (page 2 news) and mentions the school really ties their hands.

I don't know who, how or why there was an article-- that NEVER occurs-- and surely AH has something to do with it though I have no proof of that.

So, I will likely be losing my job bc I was arrested.

Not only was I abused, arrested, sent to jail but now I am ashamed and don't want to show my face in public bc I look like the bad guy AND I am probably getting fired.

How much more am I supposed to be able to take? I have nothing left and am really struggling to keep it together right now.

Katiekate 04-01-2012 03:49 PM

OMG honey that is awful.

Do you have a lawyer???

wanttobehealthy 04-01-2012 03:51 PM

I do have a lawyer, yes. He is great. But there is nothing at all that he can do about my job. I live in an at will state. I was arrested and that's reason enough, particularly in a school, to be fired. I haven't been fired yet but I expect to be.

Impurrfect 04-01-2012 03:53 PM

Dammit (((WTBH))) - I'm so sorry:( I know I can't fix this, but am certainly continuing to keep you and your kids in my prayers.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

suki44883 04-01-2012 03:55 PM

Will you qualify for unemployment? This is just awful. How can that man stand to look at himself in the mirror??

MTSlideAddict 04-01-2012 03:59 PM

OMG!! I am so sorry to hear that. :hug: The sun will have to come up soon. Stay tough as hard as that seems right now.

wanttobehealthy 04-01-2012 04:06 PM

If you are fired, no, you can not collect unemployment. I haven't been fired yet so I suppose there's a slim chance the board will make an unprecedented decision and let me stay... but I will never teach again if I am fired bc I was arrested-- there's no way to explain that in an interview. It just seems so unfair. I am trying to do all I can to make things better for the girls and I and this last bit is just too much to take.

Seren 04-01-2012 04:17 PM

(((((wtbh))))) I'm so incredibly sorry to hear this added insult to injury! I have no experience to offer, but I'm sending you many hugs and prayers that you will be able to keep your job!!

Dee74 04-01-2012 04:18 PM

I'm praying for a God Shot or two for you too WTBH :hug:.

D

Ann 04-01-2012 04:24 PM

I too am so very sorry you are going through all this.

What is important is that YOU know in your heart, the truth. No matter what anyone thinks, or says or the gossip that may transpire...your heart knows the truth and you can stand proudly with your head up knowing you did nothing wrong. When we can stand in our own truth, even when we stand alone, we will find the courage to face whatever life hands us.

My prayers go out that those who will decide your fate will be fair and kind and do the right thing and let you continue teaching.

Hugs

LaTeeDa 04-01-2012 04:24 PM

That guy is going to have some serious karma to pay one day.

The only thing I can say is that some of the things that have happened which seemed to be the most awful have turned out to be some of the best things for me in the long run. I know that doesn't help much, but maybe there is a silver lining here that hasn't shown itself yet. Possibly something like without a job you are now free to move far away from that sorry excuse for a man?

No matter what happens, I know you will be okay. (I tell myself that all the time and it really does help when things are not going well.)

L

fourmaggie 04-01-2012 04:25 PM

i have faith...this will turn around...

let go and let god...whats done is done....

i am making it my mission to say nightly prayers for you...

((hugs))

sugarbear1 04-01-2012 04:30 PM

You can file for unemployment and they have to prove something that you did wrong. You may get it.

Hevyn 04-01-2012 04:40 PM

You & your family are in my prayers wtbh. Hoping the truth will come out & this will all become a bad dream.

tjp613 04-01-2012 04:41 PM

Whatever happened to INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty???? Omg, this is just a nightmare.

Maybe this is HPs way of telling you to get the hell out of that town!!

Zee 04-01-2012 04:41 PM

I have just read your previous thread as well as this one and to be honest... Im absolutely bloody flabbergasted!!!!

What kind of twisted evil mind has this bloke got? Do you think it was him that run the story in the paper?

How old are your kids? Surely they saw somthing at the time and maybe can give some kind of evidence as to what happened that day?

You poor bloody thing! I have no words except to say that I hope 'what goes around-comes around'

You seem to be pretty strong... well you must be to have put up with this $hit so far! Bless your heart, I hope you get to keep your job. Will be thinking of you x

wicked 04-01-2012 04:44 PM

WTBH,

This is so infuriating. GD it!!!!
Where is my neon pink paintgun of shame. Someone needs a shot in the @ss.
You have nothing to be ashamed of WTBH. Nothing.

I am with LTD on this, maybe this is your chance to get away. If your AH has the ability to influence the newspaper, it would be a good idea to at least get out of his circle of influence. My first ex husband had a very rich and powerful father, I know how this stuff can happen.

Keep your head up, and keep moving. You can do this.

Beth

LifeRecovery 04-01-2012 04:46 PM

Hugs and prayers.

wanttobehealthy 04-01-2012 05:28 PM

I just got an email from the exec dir of the organization that oversees the school I teach at. I have been "summoned" to see her at 8:30 am tomorrow. Guess I will know more then.

I thought things were bad last year at this time when I got laid off. This is hell compared to that.

I don't know who if anyone is behind this getting published but if I had to bet, I'd bet that AH is.

My D's are 4 and 6 and they both TOLD the idiot cops who came that AH hit and kicked me and they weren't believed or listened to. AH's claim is that I "influence" them and evidently cops are so eager to protect a$$hole father's rights that anything a sociopathic liar says is given credibility.

Maybe this is a sign that I need to get the heck out of here... I don't know what career path I will be able to pursue after this but I am just going to take this one day at a time. For now I will try and sleep tonight and see what my fate is at 8:30 am.

Thanks so much for your support-- I am glad I posted bc although nothing has changed in terms of circumstances, it feels better to have people who know and aren't judging...

xo

tabatha 04-01-2012 06:31 PM

Just because some one is arrested doesn't mean there will be a conviction. Do they not even wait to see if there is a conviction and if the person is guilty? I'm so sorry this is happening to you.