update

Old 04-02-2012, 08:20 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Thinking of you Wanttobehealthy and hoping to hear something positive.Unbelievable...
Old 04-02-2012, 08:39 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

*keeping my fingers crossed*
Old 04-02-2012, 09:48 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I haven't been able to post bc I am AT WORK!!!! (that's in caps bc I am happy-- not to be obnoxious!)

I will post at length (shocker right?!) later but I just have to say that someone is looking out for me bc the Director of the entire organization that oversees the school and all the other programs that the organization runs was AMAZING. She was so sorry I was stressed all weekend and said that she recognizes severe personality disordered behavior in my description of AH and said that she will do anything she can to help.

I couldn't have been more shocked if I had tried. The message from my direct boss had been that she knew nothing about my job status and that bad press for a teacher is not good. The woman I met with is the head of the entire organization and she is the final say and she is on my side more than perhaps anyone has ever been. Just amazing.

Florence- I am scared reading your post bc your ex and mine sound very similar and I am terrified about what mine is doing to my kids... No paper or court order or parenting plan will stop him from doing whatever he can to try and harm me. You nailed that exactly right. This is about far far more than alcoholism. He is a sick man and even my lawyer was surprised when he learned that the police didn't actually release the info to the paper so it is clear that AH is behind it. My lawyer actually said to me "why is he so intent on trying to destroy you?" and I replied that he was a sick man and my lawyer said that's obvious and he will be sure the truth comes out.

But right now all that I care about for the moment is that I have my job, it is safe and I was told "there's nothing to worry about". So, someone up in the heavens somewhere is looking out for me-- either that or someone decided that I'd dealt with enough and is giving me a break on this one.

I feel like I won the lottery!
Old 04-02-2012, 09:54 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Well that did it, I am officially crying, tears of joy.

So happy for you and whatever good comes your way is well deserved and mandatory as far as the universe is concerned

Old 04-02-2012, 10:02 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Amen! I was hoping that the school board would have someone on it that was
"educated" enough not to believe what was written in the newspaper...
Sounds like you're going to be ok!!
THANK GOD!!!!!
Dealing with an individual with a personality
disorder is hell on earth...
I've been there...
Thank you for keeping all of us posted..
Old 04-02-2012, 10:09 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

(((WTBH))) - Wow, another prayer answered! I was HOPING that you hadn't posted because you were back to working. Absolutely thrilled that the "big boss" is being so very supportive. Sounds like you are finding support you didn't know you had, and that is a blessing.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-02-2012, 10:15 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I'm so happy that you have someone on your side. I am a firm believer in Karma too.

what goes around comes around. That being said, keep as far away from the man as possible. your RO is in place and put the State Police on speed dial. everything else, let your attorney do the talking.

I hope you get some rest this evening.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:35 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Yipee!
Thank you for sharing the good news!
Old 04-02-2012, 10:39 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

my boss's boss is goooooood friends with a man who works in my town and runs a similar sort of organization and she told me she is going to talk to him to counteract the lies AH wants people to believe. not only do i have my job, but i have really powerful people in the education world indignant about the crappy police work, determined to help my kids and i and they believe in me and value my work and know, even without knowing AH, just what kind of man he is from the way the article read. the article makes me out to be all bad but it is blaming enough and obvious enough that it's not official police writing that i guess it was a lot more transparent than i would have thought...
Old 04-02-2012, 10:53 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

IME, the public gets off on teacher-related scandal. They want teachers to be spot-free, uber-moral people because "WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN?!" That someone picked up this story for some pearl-clutching alone is enough to set off the BS-ometer in the administration -- and if your ex doesn't pass the smell test and there's reason enough to believe that he's going after you (heh, there is), there's a good chance a LOT of folks in your district have your back.

WTBH, if you're interested, I can pass along some links that might be helpful. It was really helpful for me to have the language to think about my XNPD's behavior and how to deal with him when I *had* to interact with him for DS12's sake.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:56 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

((((hugs))))

Your friend,
Old 04-02-2012, 11:35 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

florence- that would be amazing if you'd send along that info. i'll pm you my home email. thanks so much!
Old 04-02-2012, 11:37 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hallelujah! Thanks for the update
Old 04-02-2012, 11:50 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

Yay! Hooray!
It's amazing when we let ourselves reach out for help what sorts of help comes rushing to meet us. I'm glad that they're seeing through his disguise.
What a mentally ill creep, to go after you like that. Now that the school board is on your side so you get to keep your job, though, his alibis for his own mental state are going to start unraveling...

Imagine what a situation like this could do for a custody hearing, later on, once your lawyer is done with him and the police.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:54 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Wanttobe, I read your post last night and was just so incredibly bummed for you. I am so happy to hear that your employer is going to stand behind you. That is great news!

Your ex sounds like a sociopath. I hope you get the good legal support you deserve. There are some dirty shenanigans going on in your town and I hope you can get to the bottom of it.

Hugs to you from CA. I am here with you in spirit.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:00 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I'm VERY happy that things turned out the way they did, WTBH. What a relief!!
Old 04-02-2012, 12:08 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Score for Team WTBH!

So happy for you this morning.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:26 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Thank god!
Old 04-02-2012, 12:26 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Very happy to hear the good news.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:13 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Just want to offer my continued support, you were wrongfully arrested and will prove this-so you should be reinstated should you lose your job.