Hello there

Old 03-31-2012, 10:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello there

Hello,

I just registered. I've been lurking for the past few months because I didn't know what to say. I'm glad I found an online forum with folks that know exactly how I feel. I have been to a handful of alanon meetings and have started to read the literature. I intend to keep going.

I have a situation that bothers me. My ExBoyfriend and my daughters' been communicating, briefly via email/phone/text. My ExBoyfriend is going through his own AA/NA 12 steps and one of the reasons why I am hear. I do not trust him and do not want him in our lives.

I believe my eldest initiated contact, she needed help with a gift he had given to her and that was 2 weeks ago. Her birthday was a few days ago and he called her and wished her a good birthday. This is only what I'm aware of.

I really feel like I should say something to one or both. She's a minor. I don't want him to feel like he has an open door to get back in, and definitely not to go through one of my kids.

Thoughts?
Old 03-31-2012, 01:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Serenity, I'm afraid I'm not the person to give advice on something like this, but I noticed that your thread is disappearing to the end of the list, and wanted to bump it back up to the top where someone might notice it

Welcome to SR, I hope someone wiser than me helps you out xx
Old 03-31-2012, 01:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

If the relationship is over and he is no longer a part of your life it is totally inappropriate for him to be contacting your minor children. I am assuming he is not the father of your daughter.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Welcome..what you posted makes me uncomfortable...if the relationship is over then to me, the contact is inappropiate. She is a child, she does not understand, he, as an adult and obviously one who has an addiction problem should not be in direct contact with her.

If it is texting or calling on a cell you can block his number. Email...add his addy to your spam file...in either case I would not make a big deal out of it with your daughter, just do it.

Keep posting, keep reading around this site.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

No, he is not the father of my children. Thank goodness.

Thank you to you both.
Old 03-31-2012, 03:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I really feel like I should say something to one or both. She's a minor. I don't want him to feel like he has an open door to get back in, and definitely not to go through one of my kids.
If you don't trust him then I suggest making sure contact between him and your daughter stops immediately.