Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

March 31 in the Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 03-30-2012, 02:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

March 31 in the Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

Oddly enough, many of the things we learn in Al-Anon add up to this: “Be good to yourself.” That’s the counsel to be drawn from Al-Anon’s reminder to live only one day at a time. It teaches us to toss aside the unhappy memories of the past and to save ourselves the pain of imaging what will happen tomorrow. We can’t do anything about either one. We are being good to ourselves when we refuse to be disturbed by anything the alcoholic says or does. We can do this if we remember that the attacks on us only give vent to the agonizing guilt that he owns. We’re being good to ourselves when we help others and when we fill our lives with pleasant and rewarding activities.

TODAY’S REMINDER

Beginning today, right this minute, I will be good to myself. I will not allow myself to drown in the whirlpool of distressed thinking about alcoholism and its results. Confidence and hope will immunize me.

“I pray for help to fulfill my responsibility to myself; only then can I help others.”