Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

March 28 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 03-27-2012, 11:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

March 28 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

Our meetings generally open with a welcome which explains the purposes of our fellowship. It tells us we are there to share experience, strength and hope with each other. We are asked to share our experiences in applying the Al-Anon program to our lives. The strength we share with the others gives each of us a little more courage to face daily challenges. And, finally, we share our hope with each other so we may all be confident that there is a better life ahead for us.

TODAY’S REMINDER

Do I always consider the three elements of Al-Anon’s togetherness before I speak? Or do I use the meeting time to complain about the alcoholic’s faults? Do my words, my voice and my manner reveal my self-pity and resentment? Or do I try to bring my share of good things – experience, strength and hope – to my friends at Al-Anon?

“I will not expect a whole meeting to give ear to my woes. I pray that what I bring to it will help and inspire others, or pose a problem on which we can all sharpen our understanding.”
Old 03-28-2012, 07:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

there is a reading that I am trying to find. It is about leaving the alcoholic and not staying because of guilt. Someone had me read it when I was new to Al-anon and now I can not find it. Any ideas? COuld of also been in Courage to Change.