Newbies read this!

Old 03-27-2012, 09:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newbies read this!

I was kicked out March 17, 2010. I was a mess, just had the clothes on my back, basically. My AH still to this day says that he didnt kick me out but whatever.
Such a dumb woman, I moved back in May of 2011. Mind you, Ive been married now 27 years to the same alcoholic. We have two grown children.

Well, realizing that he never quit drinking all of my anger, resentments, anything bad inside me came up again. but, thought because I'm older and tired, I will just deal with it.

January of this year (2012) he had to go to the hosptial for 7 days because of alcohol.

God had a different plan for me:
3 weeks ago he had to tell me that I need to move out because I'm not happy here. Well, no "crap". So to sum it up, I prayed, I cried, I prayed and yesterday my old landlord called and said that there will be an apartment for me by May 1st of this year. OMG! AH is living with his mom<who is the greatest enabler ever.

So for all of those women out there that are thinking, hoping that there will be a change in "them" Ive learned we have to change. Dont let 27 plus go by til you realize that. Ive wasted alot of time and the expense of my childeren. You hear about all of those tornadoes in the mid west of the USA. Thats what its like to live with someone who is an addict. Life is too damn short.

I'm free once again. Got to get packing. At least now he isnt here and I can take what I want this time. Right?
Dont think for once that I'm not scared. Because I am. I feel guilty. I feel like I didnt do enough. But, I so cant wait to get back to SERENITY. WOW, imagine that. I can almost be a "normie" Look how long it took me.

I watched the movie "When Love Isnt Enough" Halmark presents it. I'm not her and my AH isnt Bill W. who became sober. Plus, they didnt have kids. But, it was the same situation. She was a very strong woman. Watch the movie.
Love you all!
Old 03-27-2012, 10:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

THanks for posting this and peace and healing to you.

xoxoxoxoxo
Old 03-27-2012, 10:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

YAY! Celebrate!!

Keep posting and let us know how you're getting along!
Old 03-27-2012, 11:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Alanonic Good for you!!! My BF is in rehab day 12 and it took him to go to realize what a mess my life had become!!! I now attend alanon have read a few of the great books out there (Language of letting go). Have not heard from him but its ok this is my time and no one will ever make me co-dependent again!!! Stay strong stay focused you are your best friend!