Hello

Old 03-25-2012, 05:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello

Hi...I'm Cheryl and I'm new to this forum. I have been married to an alcoholic for 27 years (actually married three times!)
I wish I had sought support years ago, but I had developed a pretty good set of coping skills and defenses! So, I hope I can provide support to someone else through my experiences.
My husband has been and is, in recovery and I am so thankful, but we approach it one day at a time,
As odd as it might sound, the sobriety has been a challenge...it's a new relationship and required changes on my part that I was blind to for a long time. In other words, he was sober, but I was still intoxicated with my defense mechanisms.
So....I hope that my successes and failures can provide help and support to someone else....in these 27 years and 2 divorces, we've been through a lot!
Happy to be here!
Old 03-25-2012, 06:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Welcome to the SR family!

Pull out the keyboard and make yourself at home!
Old 03-25-2012, 06:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Old 03-25-2012, 09:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Cheryl. I imagine you have a lot of experience, strength and hope to share, so please keep coming back!

And I hear you on recovery changing the relationship. We tried several times to divorce and couldn't get the paperwork right (which I wonder was an HP intervention) and finally got over that first year hump. It's been much better since then. The first year is wacky!

Stay strong,
~T