An update from whereisthisgoin

Old 03-11-2012, 06:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile An update from whereisthisgoin

Hello SR - what a light you have been in my life. I think my first post was in Fall of 2009, when my husband and I saw our first counselor to discuss his drinking.

This place was a constant source of support throughout the years.

Our divorce was finalized last month - we were able to do it uncontested. I can't tell you how good it feels to have that behind me. He had moved out in July of 2011 - and the divorce has been looming since then. I reserve the right to feel sadness in the future - but for now I feel peaceful knowing the end of that story and having a calm and quiet (and alcohol free) home.

One of my biggest lessons? You can feel extreme sadness and still be doing the right thing. It's an extremely conflicting feeling.

I hope this thread inspires you to post your thoughts in this forum whenever the mood strikes. You never know if your story, advice, or support is going to be just the thing a reader needs. I had no previous experience with alcoholism. This board has been such an eye opener for me.

Heartfelt hugs to all of you. I think of you all and hope life is treating you kindly.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

OMG. I am so feeling this right now. Broke it off with AF of 20 years. Right decision, but I am incredibly sad. Sad I took so long, sad he can't recover, sad my dream was a nightmare, sad the codependency I thought wouldn't catch me did.

I know the split is right, but I miss the "dream" of us.

Thanks for your post!
Old 03-12-2012, 12:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by whereisthisgoin View Post
One of my biggest lessons? You can feel extreme sadness and still be doing the right thing. It's an extremely conflicting feeling.
This really touched me tonight. So true, and so hard and painful! But alas, in the end, we seem to come out ok and (for me) an even better person for having gone through it all.

Congrats on your serenity and glad for the update! ; )
~T
Old 03-12-2012, 12:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you whereisthisgoin.
I am so glad to hear about your calm, quiet and alcohol free home.

Beth