Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

March 7 & 8 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 03-07-2012, 11:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

March 7 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

Many long-time Al-Anon members have observed that the newcomer who has what a famous theologian calls, “the gift of faith,” is apt to grasp the Al-Anon program much more readily than those who try, with grim determination, to “make it on their own.”

Faith in a Power greater than we are helps us to use the Al-Anon idea with more confidence and result. For those of us who have lost our faith, or who have always had to struggle along without it, it is often helpful just to accept, blindly and with no reservations. We need not believe, at first; we need not be convinced. If we can only accept, we find ourselves becoming gradually aware of a force for good that is always there to help us.

TODAY’S REMINDER

The very act of surrender to a God who is wiser and more powerful than we are can help to bring order into our lives. It serves as a steadying influence and a constant guide to right decisions.

“For what if some did not believe? Shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?” - Romans

March 8 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

When my heart and mind were filled with discouragement, there was no room for concern for others. Daily I tormented myself, thinking in circles, deciding first on one desperate measure, then another. There was no air, no breathing space, between me and my problem; we were entangled and confused. I could see nothing straight and clear, nothing was revealed in its true colors, only the flaming red of constant hysteria and apprehension. To have found a way out of this kind of thinking is a miracle in itself; I found that miracle in Al-Anon. My own problems were brought into focus by relating them to those of others. I found I could give some thought and compassion t them, and then I began to have peace of mind.

TODAY’S REMINDER

It is the sharing of experience and hope that makes our Al-Anon contacts so important to us. Every time we read something about how Al-Anon works, every time we attend a meeting or talk with a fellow member by telephone, we grow in serenity and strength.

“Let me accept all the rich comfort available to me in this way of life, for I know it can help me in all life’s trials.”