Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

February 25 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 02-25-2012, 04:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

February 25 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

I will accept the fact that sobriety does not bring a complete transformation. After all, the alcoholic is still basically the same person, with the same individuality. The one immediate difference, of course is that his personality is not distorted by drunkenness. But if sometimes he is moody and uncommunicative, I will understand that he is having a hard time adjusting to his new way of life. I will not let myself forget how, in the past, such uneasiness could drive him back to the bottle. I will be grateful for the sobriety. It is the first essential step in restoring us both to a contended, normal state.

TODAY’S REMINDER

When other things now trouble me in our relationship, I will remember how ardently I wished and prayed that the alcoholic might be released from the compulsion to drink. Now that sobriety has been realized, I will be patient with all that disturbs me. No matter what other difficulties interpose themselves between me and my serenity, I will hold on to my faith in ultimate good.

“…the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that you may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.” – The Epistle General of James
Old 02-26-2012, 07:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

thank you for these...i dont have the money to buy the book...and i am glad i can read them in here