give and give and give.....

Old 02-18-2012, 12:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy give and give and give.....

I'm so tired of being there to rescue everyone and then having no one here to rescue me when I'm feeling so depressed. I give and I give and I give and give again and again to everyone. I offer to take friends out to lunch when there feeling down. But it always seems like I have no one willing to do the same for me. My boyfriend who is in rehab hasn't contacted me in over 72 hrs when he's allowed to call me and email me and send me letters.... I understand he's busy but it's a whole different story in my eyes when he tells his mother that he was going to call me and he never did nor did he email me. And on top of all else I had surgery yesterday and he didn't even care to see if I was okay... His fridays are the day his mom said specifically that he is allowed to call me and he calls her... It's so agitating to me, I'm there for him 100 percent more then his own mother is. Thats slowly changing since she hasn't been drinking as much but still it feels like he doesn't even care... at all.

Has anyone else felt this way? Felt like they have given and given to everyone and no ones seems to care to return the favor when your in need the most? I'm just so depressed all together and sometimes I wonder if anything in life is really worth it......
Old 02-18-2012, 01:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Yes, I have felt that way.
I call them energy stealers. They suck all the positive energy out of me, and give nothing back.

I had to become aware of it happening before I could do anything about it.
With time, I have learned to remove energy stealers from my circle.

I have also found help in taking better care of my needs by reading self-improvement books like: "Codependent No More" and "You can Heal your Life"
and I have found valuable tools by attending Alanon meetings.

What can you do for YOU today?
Old 02-18-2012, 01:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Kay,

I finally just dumped a bunch of "so called" friends for just that reason, I was always there, but when I needed something they were either not available or I was a whiner.

I promise you, I will be there for you, unless I am gone to my weekly doctor visit i am usually around from 7AM until 1 or 2 AM.

You need an ear to bend, a shoulder to cry on, or just a hug, I will be there. There are so many people here who have been there for me when I need a hug or a hand.

I know about being depressed, laying in bed for days depressed, I also know that it is all worth it. I came within 5 minutes of bleeding to death in 2007, that completely changes your outlook, even the worst day beats the hell out of a "dirt nap".

Have you tried therapy, counseling and Prozac saved my life many years ago, I am back in therapy for other issues now, but having someone to dump all this on every week feels really wonderful.

Please hang in there, like I said, if you need to talk, then send me a message.

In the mean time I will say a prayer for you.

Big hugs,

Bill
Old 02-18-2012, 01:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willybluedog View Post
Kay,

I finally just dumped a bunch of "so called" friends for just that reason, I was always there, but when I needed something they were either not available or I was a whiner.

I promise you, I will be there for you, unless I am gone to my weekly doctor visit i am usually around from 7AM until 1 or 2 AM.

You need an ear to bend, a shoulder to cry on, or just a hug, I will be there. There are so many people here who have been there for me when I need a hug or a hand.

I know about being depressed, laying in bed for days depressed, I also know that it is all worth it. I came within 5 minutes of bleeding to death in 2007, that completely changes your outlook, even the worst day beats the hell out of a "dirt nap".

Have you tried therapy, counseling and Prozac saved my life many years ago, I am back in therapy for other issues now, but having someone to dump all this on every week feels really wonderful.

Please hang in there, like I said, if you need to talk, then send me a message.

In the mean time I will say a prayer for you.

Big hugs,

Bill

Thank you this means a lot to me. I have tried counseling with a therapist but I found it very hard because her times for appointments were so limited and I have a very busy life between work, senior year of high school, church, trying to attend al anon when I get a chance all while still being supportive for my boyfriend who is doing good in recovery. The only time I could go to an appointment was if my mom would call me out of school early which would just lead to more frustration because i'd get behind on work.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well Kay you have a tremendous amount on your plate.

Al-anon has online meetings that might better fit your schedule, also your school counselor and school nurse can be great resources for you.

My wife was a school nurse for many years, and even though she is no longer there, she still makes time for people that need her.

As I said before, you need someone to talk to, I will be here.

Take care,

Bill