Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

February 18 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 02-17-2012, 11:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

February 18 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

The Al-Anon program will work for anyone who approaches it with an open mind. We cannot expect miracles overnight; it took years to create the situation in which we find ourselves today.

I will keep myself receptive and listen. I will not be quick to judge and say, “Yes, but my case is so different.” The details may differ, but basically, my story is the same as that of all those who live with the problem of alcoholism.

I must cling to this one thought: Al-Anon can change my life – if I give it a chance.

TODAY’S REMINDER

If I take to myself each day even one small new idea, heard at a meeting or read in Al-Anon literature, I will make progress. Things may not work out as I want them to, but as my point of view changes, what I thought I wanted changes, too. My ultimate contentment does not depend on having things work out my way.

“We may think we can change the things around us according to our desires, but when a solution does come, we find it was our desires that had changed.”