Co-dependents can be as abusive as alcoholics!

Old 02-11-2012, 10:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Co-dependents can be as abusive as alcoholics!

My codependent dad doesn't let me do anything for myself. Its like he wants me to be a drunk. He wants me to be a failure so he can continue to save the world. Its annoying. Sometimes I think he purposely gets me drinking so he feels better about himself.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Well there is a solution for you.

Call your nearest Salvation Army and ask about their Rehab, it is free, it is usually 90 days and does work if you work it.

Then before leaving the SA rehab get in touch with some Sober Living Housing to continue to use your 'tools' and gain more in a sober environment.

Now, if you are under 18, then this is considered contributing to the delinquency of a minor and you should talk with your counselor at school and tell them what you have posted here.

No one can 'make' us drink if we don't want to. However, if we have the propensity for addiction, then we need 'tools' to be able to say no.

J M H O

Love and hugs,
Old 02-12-2012, 12:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
Sometimes I think [my father] purposely gets me drinking so he feels better about himself.
Nobody can "get you drinking," even if they want to. Is he tying you up and pouring drinks down your throat?
Old 02-12-2012, 12:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
He wants me to be a failure so he can continue to save the world.
I'm not an alcoholic, but boy do I ever understand this statement. My dad was (probably still is) the same way. Thank you for putting something into words which I never really could.

It's a controlling thing, you know. Very difficult to get out of IME. Do you have any alternative options of where to live?