Children's artwork

Old 02-10-2012, 10:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Children's artwork

Just two incidents I thought I'd share...

My mom told me about both of these.

When my mom was in kindergarten, she drew a picture of herself playing in a plastic kiddie pool in her backyard. In the drawing, she has no mouth. She had forgotten to draw a mouth. She was really quiet, shy and a people pleaser.

One of my uncles, the youngest of the 12 kids, drew a family picture when he was in kindergarten. He drew his mom, my grandmother, with tears falling from her eyes. My mom's older sister and my aunt, had told my grandmother that she was living with her Jewish boyfriend and my grandmother got really depressed and went to bed for a long period of time. Which, that was just the straw that broke the camel's back, but yeah, it's possible that depression runs in the family and that my grandmother had it. This uncle who drew the picture had the worst problems battling alcoholism, out of all my mom's brothers. I'm not sure who exactly "raised" him - probably not my grandmother if she was in bed crying all the time.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Once I drew a picture of myself with a dartboard on my chest (I was 5 or 6) and a picture of my mom holding the darts, because she was always a acid tongued witch, well she found the drawing and screamed at me about how evil I was for drawing a picture of me stabbing her in the hands, the more I tried to explain the more she screamed. It was always about her, her pain, her suffering, she could never see past herself. At 76 she is still the same, mean, self-absorbed, and drinking until she blacks out. Someday she will be gone and I will have some peace!
Old 02-11-2012, 04:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ironic that this topic is here... my 3 yr old just drew a picture and brought it to me and said "this is you mama, this is the sun (looked a little scary) and this is you with a mask on".

I feel ill.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My sister is seven years older than me. When I was a year old she drew a picture of our family. Everyone looks normal except that I have horns, a tail, and a pitchfork. Took a long time for me to realize that underneath that sweet exterior there was a codependent, passive-aggressive, intergalactic bitch who hated my guts. I don't miss her one bit.