Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

February 10 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 02-09-2012, 05:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

February 10 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

I went into Al-Anon, as so many of us do, with an overwhelming desire to pour out my troubles, to talk, talk, talk. It was like a dammed-up river that suddenly burst its banks. And, although it gave me some relief, it left behind an emptiness, a certain dissatisfaction.

Then one day I realized why this was. When I talk all the time, nothing new is being added to me. I am using the same old destructive thought material that has kept me at a standstill for so long.

To absorb new ideas, I keep my lips closed and my ears open. I find this gives me a new perspective on my problems, so solutions come more easily.

TODAY’S REMINDER

Al-Anon meetings are a wellspring of helpful thoughts; if I don’t listen, I don’t receive them. Constant talking would deprive me of the help I am seeking in Al-Anon. Should I stand in my own light in this way?

“I pray to be reminded that Al-Anon has important gifts for me that I can receive only by holding my peace and letting others talk.”
Old 02-09-2012, 11:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for this reminder.