Scared for my son

Old 07-03-2012, 08:43 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

My heart just breaks for you. God bless you and your family.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:56 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry for the loss of your poor son Justplainsad
Old 07-04-2012, 04:48 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

First I want to say I am sorry for your loss. I can't begin to imagine how you must feel.

when I read your second post, my heart started pounding. It's pounding even harder now. I had to write. I hope you don't take wrongly what I am about to say - but your experience did touch me and I wanted to share.

My husband recently started binge drinking after being sober for a few months. His family told me i should leave. I tried a trial (staying in hotel for a few days). But eventually I came back. I am glad I did even though to them, it seemed I was being "co-dependent". Even though they were trying to say it is for my own good, going to live otu on the street with no job and not health insurance didn't seem like a smart move.

My being there gave him the support he needed so that miraculously he decided to put himself in rehab. If I had left permanently, as his family suggested, my husband would have spiraled down and started drinking even more. Instead with me supporting him for only a little over a week, he decided for the first time to go to rehab and I drove him there (I already had his bags packed for it). He almost lost his job and his wife. But he was lucky he was able to stop himself before all that happened.

My husband was not as severely addicted as your son, so I was able to yank him out before he went in too deep. I think at a certain point, you have to give up and let them take responsibility for what happens - I just felt in my case, my husband could be saved. And I am glad I didn't listen to others and I stayed.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:53 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Blessings to you and your family. I am so sorry about your son. I pray that you will find peace somehow in this life and know you did everything you could do. I hope you have a good support system. Again, sincere condolences.