Spilled the beans

Old 02-12-2012, 03:17 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome! And I'm glad he is getting treatment (wish my ABF would). I absolutely think you did the right thing. If he only is dealing with part of his problems, he can only get part better. I applaud your honesty.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:50 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hey Frozen,

I just got a call from my ABF, he'd just read my questionnaire out to his group. He didn't get a chance to review it first, he just read it aloud and then got feedback from from the group.

When he called me he said he had only just stopped crying, though he started again on the call. He said the feedback was one of shock, as his group didn't realise, or rather he hadn't shared, just how often he'd ended up in hospital due to his drinking, He has a habit of forgetting the many visits over the past three years, partly due to the fact that his memory is shot and because the reason he ends up there is from seizures and they seem to wipe his mind clean. I visited him yesterday and he said he thought that his last visit was only a few days, when it was just over a week. The worrying thing is that he only got out two weeks ago!

Anyway, he said thank you to me for doing it and said he felt better for speaking to me about it. I think it also helped that I managed to visit yesterday, so he knows that I am supporting him. He's going through the same thing one-on-one with his counsellor later so I'll get another call after that, will let you know how that goes too.

Hugs.