SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   week from hell (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/248196-week-hell.html)

TCB5568 02-07-2012 06:59 AM

week from hell

I just had the week from hell! I had been feeling so sick, flu like for days..and I ended up getting very dizzy one night while AH was passed out on the couch giving me the finger. I tried to go to sleep but had the sensation of falling and lights behind my eyelids. When I opened them, I felt the walls closing in...it felt evil..So next day...go to urgent care because of dizziness giving me a panic attack...and I knew I hadn't been taking my anti-depressant faithfully at all and explained that to the Dr. I had been taking only half my dose every 3-4 days when I started to feel withdrawal. So I didn't have an ear infection or sinus. I apparantely have a case of tmj, jaw clenching that is causing pain in jaw and neck muscles. The Dr. Says ive been clenching in my sleep...now i notice how often I am actually clenching and I'm wearing a bite guard thing to bed and taking my anti-depressant every day...Also amoxicillian for a cold but nothing serious. Don't ever stop taking anti-depressant without first talking to Dr. I'm mad at myself for being so careless and I still want to go off it but in the correct way when I can stop clenching? Anyway he recommends seeing a counselor in addition...if he only knew...

wicked 02-07-2012 07:09 AM

Anyway he recommends seeing a counselor in addition...if he only knew...
Please tell the Doctor the amount of stress you are under (thus the teeth grinding) and you need a referral for help.
And, yes, another reminder from me to never stop or change your meds in any way without talking to your doctor.
Take care of yourself TCB.
I had ground down teeth, (and anti depressants dry your mouth, less saliva, more infection) check for some dental moisture medicine. Good stuff.

Beth

fedup3 02-07-2012 07:17 AM

Take care of yourself TCB.

Tuffgirl 02-07-2012 08:56 AM

Hang in there, TCB. It was times like those that I began to accept my life as it was...plain old unmanageable.

Acute stress leads to all kinds of physical problems, not to mention emotional ones.

Willybluedog 02-07-2012 09:37 AM

So sorry you are feeling sick and down, just know that I will be saying a daily prayer for you, and thinking good thoughts.

Bill

Pelican 02-07-2012 11:12 AM

I've had those feelings before.
I felt odd trying to explain it to my doctor.

It is a fairly common, yet not medically documented, event that can be experienced by patients on meds for depression, anxiety or other chemical balancers.

The term for what I experienced: Brain Zaps.

It's like an electrical surge zaps through your head. It was crazy.

I've experienced it a few times over the past year as we (doctor and I) have been adjusting some of my meds.

I have found it helpful to take the medication at the same time each day, and with food in my stomach. I can get brain zaps if I take meds on an empty stomach.

I'm glad you consulted with a doctor about the symptoms you were experiencing. I hope you will continue to pay attention to your body and get the help you need.

TCB5568 02-07-2012 07:34 PM

2 days after urgent care, I went to my family practice office where they prescribe my med but saw a dr. That I had never seen before so it was kind of weird talking to him. He gave me a number for community mental health....seems so crazy but since I have no insurance.. That is not the right place for me...I have another appt. In less than a month with the lady that had CPS called...not sure how I'm going to deal with that...ughhhhh

TCB5568 02-07-2012 07:41 PM

And thanks for the helpful suggestions and prayers...my 8 yr old boy has been sick throwing up and running a fever...what does my husband do? Get drunk and pass out at 7:00. I need to get some rest now while I can...

tjp613 02-07-2012 07:58 PM

Hey TCB -- well, remember that the lady that called CPS because she is required by law to do so if there is any report of abuse. It's the law and it's there to protect children that are not able to protect themselves. Somebody has to speak for them.