Also still in business with the narcissist

Old 02-01-2012, 03:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Also still in business with the narcissist

Oh yeah, not only did I move AH back into my house, I'm still in a partnership with an actual narcissist.

She's hooked my sister into working with us. This morning I was included in an ongoing thread about a meeting and I found my partner, H, had written this to my sister yesterday
If 1230 works for you please inform Transform but tell her noon or 1215 so she get there by 1230 and we have the whole time needed to work. I will be there by noon regardless so if she does show up on time, she and I can still have a productive bit of time before 12:30.
I sent her an email telling her to not ever ******* do that again. I'll be seeing her today and literally don't know if I can be in the same room with her, I have so many resentments towards her. She'll call me saying "I...I .. I can't breathe I'm so upset..." and I say, "OK, give me a call back when you can" and hang up.

That may sound cruel but I can't stand her.

Got any suggestions for what to say to her about this? I hope I don't punch her right in her face. That would be bad.

Guess it's time to get rid of the AH and the NBP. Narcissistic business partner. I guess I should talk about that here as well because I can hardly be in the same room with her, I don't answer when she calls.

Problem is, this is my only income and I'm half partner in the new business. It's a start up, so we're just now starting to make money.

I know I have to control myself, fix myself and that Better boundaries are what I need to do, but I just want to never have to hear her voice or see her again. I feel like running away.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

I already sent her an email telling her to never do this again. Just one sentence.

I think I will do the following today

When she starts talking about herself in the meeting-which usually takes up about half of our time, her talking about herself, her problems etc-I think I"ll say

Let's stick to our work so we can finish.

And get the hell away from her as fast as I can.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I think being as brief, detached, and business-like as possible will really help, T. Lots of positive thoughts and prayers headed your way for today!
Old 02-01-2012, 07:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Thank you Hydro Girl

I just came to that same conclusion, it's nice to be validated. I took a handful of Valerian and drank a big cup of Kava tea. Getting my emotions down so that I can operate from a place where I'm in control is always my first job. I'm such a damn freak.