Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

January 28 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 01-28-2012, 07:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

January 28 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

Living with an alcoholic may bring us to such a point of desperation that we feel God has abandoned us. Our children are disturbed, debts are piling up, and encounters with police, imprisonment, infidelity and physical violence may disgrace the family. What can we do? We know it is time for action, but what steps shall we take? Our on thinking is so confused that we are in no condition to make decisions. At such a crisis, we should seek impartial counsel form a source of professional help: a clergyman, a social agency or a family court. But most of all it is important to use the Al-Anon suggestion, “Let Go and Let God.”

TODAY’S REMINDER

I know I am powerless to deal with my problems by myself. The more I struggle to work it out, the more difficult it becomes. I know that Divine power can deal with matters which are beyond me. I will try to empty my mind of all fear.

“God does not deprive us of His love; we deprive Him of our cooperation. God would never reject me if I had not first rejected His love.”