Need Support

Old 01-24-2012, 12:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need Support

Hi, I need support tonight. My ex boyfriend and I live together as you can tell from my previous posts. He decided to get sober but with that I told him there would have to be rules.

1. No Alcohol: Zero Tolerance
If he drinks he has one week to move out. If he does not I will.
2. Therapy: He needs to get help through AA, Therapist, or Community.
3. Home= Active: This is our home and as roommates you are expected to participate in cleaning and home care
4. We Need to better Define out roommate status as not dating.

I just got home from work. He was weirdly passed out and automatically I asked "Be Honest, Have you been Drinking" he admitted that he had. Now I have to be strong. I said zero tolerance. He broke the rule. Not only that he drank in the house. I feel like a rock right now but I need support to get me through tomorrow. He needs to leave and I can't back down tonight.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hi fenicfox-

i find the best plan is the one that does not rely on the A doing something.

the best plan is one that is wholly within your own control and does not rely on them at all.

your plan is that he move out. there is no guarantee that he will do this....

you can not control what he does; however, you have absolute control over what YOU do.

naive
Old 01-24-2012, 05:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hugs to you fenic, be strong and stick to your boundaries, come back and vent as needed, best of luck to you.

Bill
Old 01-24-2012, 06:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What is your plan B if he won't move out?

Your friend,
Old 01-24-2012, 09:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for your guys advice and support. I plan on talking to him when he gets home from work tonight. I talked to a friend when he got sober the last time and he agreed to the rules but I also set up a plan B just in case he does not move out. I talked to a friend who said I could stay with her until I found a temporary place. I have also found a few places in town that offer month to month (hotel like) rooms and my parents have said they will watch the cats for a few months. I am moving out of the state in April so that makes it a little harder because when I first rented the apartment it was set up for the perfect timeline for my moving plans so hopefully he will move out.