Almost sad, so ridiculous, and I am crazy

Old 01-23-2012, 02:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Almost sad, so ridiculous, and I am crazy

I was doing very well with no contact, except for reports from family, friends and my old neighbors from the house that we lived in.

The house will be foreclosed on very soon. Exabf was fired from his job, and right now is in the house, selling anything he can on craigslist. When they take it it will have no kitchen appliances, sink faucets, anything that can be taken out. Thank god we didn't get married. I left 3 weeks before that day, which meant my name wasn't on the now debunked mortgage.

I got an IM yesterday, saying that he had spent all day writing me an email. He sent it today. As I read it, I kept thinking that it didn't sound like something he would write. I have taught 6th grade language arts, I know plagiarism when I see it. I googled the first line of the letter, it hits, word for word in a relationshiptalk article titled "I wrote my ex-girlfriend a goodbye letter" and is found again in a ***** answers article. He changed the name, and a couple of sentences.

It was the same letter.

So an hour later I get a message asking if I read it and why wouldn't I respond. He asked me not to laugh or make fun.

I responded I'm not laughing or making fun. Those aren't your words. I found 4 different websites where that letter is posted. You took out a couple of sentences, added my name. It's one more example of a lie. Another example of how nothing changes. I won't be answering your fake letter, or any calls or texts. I wish you the best.

To which I he told me that I was crazy. Swore it was his, he worked on it for two days. I sent him the link.

This has been too much communication. I engaged. I wish I could have left it alone. I read the letter because I was feeling bad for him, I wanted to know that he is ok.

Truth is, he is a scam artist, years. Of cheating and using people and taking the easy way out have caught up with him. He might actually have to feel the consequences of his actions for once.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

"This has been too much communication. I engaged."

Yes, but you recognize that engaging was a mistake and will know better next time.

That was very good intuition and detective work to find the source of his letter.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by XXXXXXXXXX View Post
I was doing very well with no contact, except for reports from family, friends and my old neighbors from the house that we lived in.

The house will be foreclosed on very soon. Exabf was fired from his job, and right now is in the house, selling anything he can on craigslist. When they take it it will have no kitchen appliances, sink faucets, anything that can be taken out. Thank god we didn't get married. I left 3 weeks before that day, which meant my name wasn't on the now debunked mortgage.

I got an IM yesterday, saying that he had spent all day writing me an email. He sent it today. As I read it, I kept thinking that it didn't sound like something he would write. I have taught 6th grade language arts, I know plagiarism when I see it. I googled the first line of the letter, it hits, word for word in a relationshiptalk article titled "I wrote my ex-girlfriend a goodbye letter" and is found again in a ***** answers article. He changed the name, and a couple of sentences.

It was the same letter.

So an hour later I get a message asking if I read it and why wouldn't I respond. He asked me not to laugh or make fun.

I responded I'm not laughing or making fun. Those aren't your words. I found 4 different websites where that letter is posted. You took out a couple of sentences, added my name. It's one more example of a lie. Another example of how nothing changes. I won't be answering your fake letter, or any calls or texts. I wish you the best.

To which I he told me that I was crazy. Swore it was his, he worked on it for two days. I sent him the link.

This has been too much communication. I engaged. I wish I could have left it alone. I read the letter because I was feeling bad for him, I wanted to know that he is ok.

Truth is, he is a scam artist, years. Of cheating and using people and taking the easy way out have caught up with him. He might actually have to feel the consequences of his actions for once.
LMFAO! That really is ridiculous. I'm sorry for you, I know how hard it is to have any involvement with someone like this.

He's trying to worm his way in again. My ex is the same way, long dramatic emails full of lies concocted just to get what the need and want from us. As soon as he hooks you, it's use, abuse, cheat, and eventually devalue and discard. Scam artist for sure, and I hope he DOES have to feel the consequences this time. The worst part of it all IMO is they never actually do get theirs, they never suffer the consequences. If they did, they'd probably stop doing what they're doing.

That's why I took revenge into my own hands (not healthy, I know). Because these jerks actually get rewarded for their behavior and are never held accountable.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Dear 10X or X10,

So sorry for all you are going through, sounds like you just tried to react with kindness and got more of the same from him as your reward. Don't be to hard on yourself, it takes many of us several tries before we get it to stick.

Big hugs to you, if you need to talk or just get some propping up I will be there for you.

Bill
Old 01-24-2012, 04:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. I got One more Quack quack email, admitting that he found it online. Arguing that the fact that "he got some ideas from a website". But"that shouldn't diminish the meaning". And "why haven't I given him a chance?" and "why do I treat him like ****?"

And my first impulse was to argue, to shoot back my reaction.

I didn't. I made a file, named it quackery and put it there.

It's a new day. Yesterday something a friend said to me clicked. When I left, she asked if I believed that God has a plan for my life. When I replied yes, she pointed out that that my life with ex was not that plan. God has something better for me.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I made a file, named it quackery and put it there.
ha ha. good one! well done!
Old 01-24-2012, 10:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You simply MUST post this story to the Quackers thread!!.... http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post2831604