Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

January 18 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 01-18-2012, 12:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

January 18 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

I belong to Al-Anon in order to learn how to live at peace with myself and others. To this end, I have a responsibility to my group members never to reveal anyone’s secrets. I must protect the anonymity of my fellow members and their families. Only in this way can I help my group grow in its capacity to help others. Above all, I will never identify a story by a personal name. Just as I want to be assured that others will not repeat what I say at meetings, or what I tell another member in confidence, so I will guard against indiscretion.

TODAY’S REMINDER

“Anonymity is the spiritual foundation of all our Traditions, ever reminding us to place principles above personalities.” This Twelfth Tradition by which we try to live should be kept in mind by all of us, at all times. It is the secret of success in the Al-Anon way of life.

“A Talebearer revealeth secrets, but he that is of a faithful spirit concealeth the matter.”