Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

January 17 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 01-18-2012, 12:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

January 17 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

I learn, in Al-Anon, that a frank, honest look at my way of handling the alcoholic situation may suddenly show me that I possess, and use, a whole armory of murderous weapons. They are the same weapons used by many spouses: indignation expressed in a strident voice; irresponsible accusations, nagging, ears and hysteria, self-righteousness and many more. These weapons are killers. They kill the alcoholic’s desire to find a better way of life. They kill love and respect. They destroy the alcoholic by increasing his already-unbearable guilt. And they destroy us who use such weapons.

TODAY’S REMINDER

I will try to clear out of my life and my mind, all the tools of destruction I have been using. I know they can do nothing to improve my situation. I will make myself learn to use a new set of tools: tolerance, kindness, patience, courtesy, love and humor – and a firm determination to do what is necessary to improve my life.

“God, who is all good and all wisdom, provides me with the tools that are useful in overcoming my difficulties. May I be willing to use them.”