Hey Strangers!

Old 01-15-2012, 10:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hey Strangers!

I haven't been around much, which I think is good because I probably was getting a bit dependant on this site at one point!

I wanted to let you all know that life is good, fun and healthy these days.

Our Joe is growing into a lovely young man, we had a problem with overeating, but with help from our doctor he seems to have that under control and his weight is fine now! (I think he's looking for girlies but he says not, with a blush!)
He's coming up to his last year of high school next year and he wants to be a policeman, he's working hard and doing well.

From time to time he tells ne where his mum and dad went wrong, and although I don't pass comment on what his mum and dad did I'm pleased he can see it now, and more than that, I'm pleased he can talk about it.

My other two boys are doing well too, Dan the eldest is currently at college doing sports science, he's hoping to go on to university and become a physiotherapist.

James, my youngest but now the middle one, is in his last year of high school and looking at some kind of apprenticeship, he's not academic but wants to work and I'm so proud of his exam results this year, he's beaten his targets in every subject.

I think I mentioned romance in my last update, well that was fun while it lasted but it died a natural ( and amicable) death a couple of months ago, sometimes things don't work out, but we're still friends.

The nutty Aunt is still around, but I now have her well under control and she mostly knows her place!

And finally, I know it's a little late but I'd like to wish all my friends here a happy new year, and to the ones I don't know, I hope your 2012 is a million times better than your 2011 x
Old 01-15-2012, 10:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Lucy, it's so good to hear from you!

My gosh where does time go when it comes to our kids? My "baby" will turn 24 this summer!

It sounds like you have brought up three terrific young men, and I hope you are proud of all your work dear.

Sending you lots of hugs from across the pond.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I'm so happy to hear from you, Lucy. i have thought of you a few times and wondered how you were doing. I'm so happy to hear that things are going so well. You are a wonderful person and I hope for the very best of everything to come your way.

Don't be such a stranger. You could be a great help to others here dealing with similar issues as you dealt with. Your success story could be such an inspiration. So very glad to hear from you, Lucy.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
I'm so happy to hear from you, Lucy. i have thought of you a few times and wondered how you were doing. I'm so happy to hear that things are going so well. You are a wonderful person and I hope for the very best of everything to come your way.

Don't be such a stranger. You could be a great help to others here dealing with similar issues as you dealt with. Your success story could be such an inspiration. So very glad to hear from you, Lucy.
Thank you, I'll bob in from time to time but I have to get over posting as a codie before I can help anyone! I'm getting there, I think!
Old 01-15-2012, 12:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((Lucy))) - aww, it's so great to hear from you!! I'm not surprised your boys are doing well, but I do like to hear about it Glad to hear YOU are also doing well, and I do hope you pop in more often.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 01-15-2012, 12:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post

x2=everything suki just said.
I think I know a place near Manchester! Coronation Street!

Beth

Delighted to see you Lucy!
Old 01-15-2012, 01:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Oh it is so good to hear from you=. I have kept you and the boys on my 'prayer list, sounds like that is helping along with the prayers from this site sounds like they have been helping lots!

It is always a pleasure to hear from you!!!!!! Please don't be a stranger.

Love andd hugs,