Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

January 6 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 01-06-2012, 06:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

January 6 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

Until I came to Al-Anon, I thought nobody had a problem as bad as mine. That gave me plenty of reason to feel sorry for myself, to resent what the alcoholic was doing, and to hammer away at his mistakes and shortcomings.

As I attended Al-Anon meetings, my eyes began to open. Other people’s problems made mine look small, yet they were facing them with courage and confidence. Others were trapped in situations as bad as mine, but they bore their troubles with more fortitude; they accepted the fact that the alcoholic was suffering from a disease. I found many reasons to be grateful that my lot was not worse. My load began to lighten.

TODAY’S REMINDER

When things look blackest, it is within my power to brighten them with the light of understanding and gratitude. I realize how much depends on my point of view; my own wrong habits of thinking and acting must be corrected and only I can do that.

“Let me not expect easy solutions to my problems. Make me realize that many of my difficulties were created by me, by my own reactions to the happenings in my daily life. I ask only to be guided to a better way”