Blogs

Notices

I've been seeing a lot of love stuff lately...

Old 10-28-2019, 04:23 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

The addicts cling to love to validate

I'm pretty sure EXAH clung to me in his early years of sobriety to keep sober. So my love kept him loved, kept away the anger and depression. When that failed.. Boom. Now he's hanging onto the kids for validation. I'm not a bad dad.. My drinkings in control, it was never that bad.

What happens when the kids no longer validate him.. Like me. I dread to think of what's in store for them when they get between him and his booze.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Milano58 For This Useful Post:
Bekindalways (11-04-2019), Thlayli (11-04-2019), trailmix (10-28-2019)
Old 10-29-2019, 04:45 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Milano58 View Post
I'm pretty sure EXAH clung to me in his early years of sobriety to keep sober. So my love kept him loved, kept away the anger and depression. When that failed.. Boom. Now he's hanging onto the kids for validation. I'm not a bad dad.. My drinkings in control, it was never that bad.

What happens when the kids no longer validate him.. Like me. I dread to think of what's in store for them when they get between him and his booze.
Once again, I see a lot of my own experience in your posts ...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sasha1972 For This Useful Post:
Bekindalways (11-04-2019), trailmix (10-29-2019)
Old 11-03-2019, 11:02 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sasha1972 View Post
Once again, I see a lot of my own experience in your posts ...
Ye.. Did your EXAH do drugs? I think you mentioned cocaine. EXAH got done for cannabis possession so I'm guessing there was a time in his life he did it regularly. He's dabbled in some harder drugs/party drugs. He's onsold to make meth.. So I dinno if he's also dabbled in that too. There's so much I never knew...
The Following User Says Thank You to Milano58 For This Useful Post:
Bekindalways (11-04-2019)
Old 11-04-2019, 05:05 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

According to his second ex-wife, he was ordering tons of pot off the internet under a fake name (she found this out by opening a credit card bill - who knew drug dealers took Visa?).

His last girlfriend was a relapsing meth addict with convictions for dealing meth and cocaine. A lot of his behavior in the last few years was consistent with cocaine rage - sudden aggressive outbursts along with extreme physical exertion, as when the cops dumped him downtown after a domestic incident with ex-wife 2 and he managed to hike back to their home, a distance of several miles, in the middle of the night and arrive still fighting mad. He didn’t do things like that when I was married to him and he was “just” drinking. I and other people observed him being manic and wired - talking really loud and fast, moving around constantly, and going from happy to sad to angry at the drop of a dime. From the medical examiner’s report, the damage to his heart was also of a type that’s consistent with doing a whack of cocaine. So I am not certain about the cocaine, but it certainly fits.

I know he was also taking lots of (prescribed) Ativan, Seroquel, and Vyvanse and his gf had prescriptions for everything under the sun. Alcohol was the main problem, but there was definitely lots of polypharmacy going on.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sasha1972 For This Useful Post:
trailmix (11-04-2019)