I really messed up

Old 01-01-2012, 01:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I really messed up

The other night I was with AH at his house we got into a big fight. He said the most mean things and I snapped. Now I may be in trouble with the law.
I have never even had a ticket in my life. Why do I let him get to me. The next day he said he just said it to hurt me. Wow all the stuff he gets away with and I maybe in trouble. I know I was wrong in what I did. This is the end of the crazy train.. I pray this year will be better than last year. Off to a great start huh!
Old 01-01-2012, 01:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

He provoked you. He admitted it. That doesn't make what you did right, but it does explain some things. I agree that no contact, at least for a while, would be best. You need to get totally away from him and his influence so your mind can clear. It's hard to make good decisions while in the midst of chaos.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It took me a few tries to finally accept that nothing will change in the dynamics of my sick relationship that brought out the worst in me. Don't blame yourself, it's a learning process....
Old 01-01-2012, 02:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you guys. No more contact for along while. Right after it happened I seen how I went right back to where I was 5 months ago. I will not change back into that person.
I need to get back to work on myself. Thank you for all the support.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry it happened - but I'm glad you're making moves to protect yourself and safeguard your well being itsjustme

D
Old 01-01-2012, 06:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear about your troubles. Please try Al-Anon if you haven't. I had to go to many meetings before I felt it working. Also, "The Courage to Change" is my DAILY reading. It made all the difference in making me realize that I need to focus on my recovery, set boundaries and creating MY BEST LIFE!
Old 01-01-2012, 07:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you

I am going to Al anon.Its only my 6th meeting but I love it. Monday will be 7th. I missed last Monday. I need to keep reading and learning. I have 3 more books coming in any day. Next Sunday I might go back to church at my sisters church. I had a really good Church where I use to live. I really need something I do not know what it is. I know its let go of him. We have been together 25 years. Its really hard letting go. Its more than half my life. Im just hurtung letting go of the dream that will never happen. I can be replaced and that hurts.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by itsjustme1968 View Post
Im just hurtung letting go of the dream that will never happen.
But you get to dream new dreams. Bigger dreams of peace and joy.

I've been married 27 years. I started my own business six years ago all by myself. I have worked my tail off and fought though the fear every step of the way. I've LOVED finding my passion and watching my business grow. It's never to late to reinvent yourself. It's actually a gift!