You guys get yourself a xmas present?

Old 12-22-2011, 10:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

You guys get yourself a xmas present?

I did....

Can't believe I got such a good deal on this used but minty guitar. You don't want to know how much it was new.

I'm SO looking forward to the next week. Holidays and festivity with family, great friends and absolutely no drama at all, none. Already booked my next trip to the Keys in February, planning on a Dominican dive trip in April, even started dating a nice lady! I'm very fortunate and the best part is how much I appreciate it after having some holidays I would rather forget. I'll never take serenity for granted again.

I wish all of you a great holiday week!
Old 12-22-2011, 10:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's a beautiful guitar Jazz. So happy to hear you are having drama-free holidays and fun adventures planned for the new year.

This year I got myself a Nikkor 24-70mm 2.8 lens. My first "professional quality" lens.

Happy Holidays to all!

L
Old 12-22-2011, 11:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

not only a stress free holiday for the first time in years but also taking a vacation in Feb. to Cancun, can't wait!
Old 12-22-2011, 11:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I did not buy myself anything this year, I am just so grateful to be here for Christmas.

A few years ago I almost died in a car accident, I was bleeding out, I knew it was over, I said a prayer asking God to help me, I had a wonderful calm come over me, the bleeding virtually stopped, many people stopped to help.

I came home a few days later, I still have issues, but at least I am alive to have them.

The sunshine, my family, my SR family, and even the pain I live with are gifts to me, I am the luckiest man in the world, to have so many wonderful people care about me.

Bless you all, and Merry Christmas,

Bill
Old 12-22-2011, 11:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

A beautiful tattoo of 3 large Hibiscus Flowers
with 2 pretty birds all done in Vibrant colors.

This is a combination birthday and Christmas
present originally 300 bucks for half price. Yeah..!
Old 12-22-2011, 12:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LaTeeDa View Post
This year I got myself a Nikkor 24-70mm 2.8 lens. My first "professional quality" lens.
Ha! Sounds expensive! Good!! LOL!!

Originally Posted by jds0401 View Post
I bought myself a Kindle touch
That's what I'm talkin bout!

Originally Posted by fedup3 View Post
not only a stress free holiday for the first time in years but also taking a vacation in Feb. to Cancun, can't wait!
Good for you!! Swim up pool bar in Feb. sounds like a good plan to me.

Originally Posted by Willybluedog View Post
A few years ago I almost died in a car accident, I was bleeding out..
uhh.. we have a winner!

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
i haven't really listened to "my" music in MY car in a long long time. first thing i grabbed was a CD of opera arias AND Phantom! and Enigma.
Love me some Enigma, will have to google the rest?

Originally Posted by aasharon90 View Post
A beautiful tattoo of 3 large Hibiscus Flowers with 2 pretty birds all done in Vibrant colors.
Ouch! I'm such a whimp.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

dbl post.. again!!!
Old 12-22-2011, 12:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Awesome post, Jazzman! I received some years ago a gold pin with a topaz from my Mom. The setting was made by my Aunt, and the stone came from Thailand when my Dad was there during the Vietnam war. I rarely wear pins, so I decided as a combo b-day present and Xmas gift to myself, I had it fashioned into a necklace. It's awesome! I've been wearing it everyday for a week. ; )

P.S. I love everyone's posts!
Old 12-22-2011, 12:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Meh....I'm gonna hold out until I get my tax refund and then I'm gonna buy yet another used car. And maybe a digital camera. We'll see.....
Old 12-22-2011, 01:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

I didn't buy myself a present this year but I'm sure I'll soon be buying myself some new clothes to fit this pregnant belly in.

My hubby would be WAY jealous of that guitar! Nice find!!
Old 12-22-2011, 01:47 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Love this thread!

Gift: going back to boxing next year, I miss it so much and it was a great workout!

A Faithless CD... "the Dance"...
Faithless - Sun to me (Official Video HQ) - YouTube

Maybe another small tattoo for my 30th bday and a piercing! some people are against this but they can keep their opinions I am a free soul ho ho ho !!

And my trip to Thailand/Vietnam in Feb. I will continue to be broke but I am so happy there, the colors, the food, the spirituality.. the high end gourmet market, the great used books for 5 cents, the coffee shops... now with a better camera looking forward to play tourist, visit 35953860496 temples, and get some more pics

OMG I am so grateful and excited about these plans, this is what life is supposed to be about
Old 12-22-2011, 02:16 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Nope. Haven't. And couldn't think of anything I would want. And that's not a bad thing. I'm just over the moon thrilled to have a drama-free Christmas with the people I love. I did, however, spend a large amount of money at the grocery store.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:21 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

What a beaut of a guitar! Good for u.

Yes, I bought myself a new ring, been eyein it, and, it went on sale 70% off, couldn't resist!

Everyone...enjoy your "me" gifts!
Old 12-22-2011, 02:23 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

no...
Money is tight due to the amount I've spent but shouldn't have but I've made sure my family have them
Old 12-22-2011, 02:37 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

My gift to myself this year is my sanity and serenity.

The pup and I are spending a drama-free, peaceful Christmas by ourselves, complete with decorations, gifts (that are wrapped, not dropped at my feet in bags), a wonderful dinner (that won't be ruined by bad behaviour), a pile of Christmas DVD's (that will be watched), some yummy treats (both human and canine) and a whole pile of gratitude for each other, for the wonderful people near and far that have helped me and stood by me......you get the drift.

Of course, there are the Boxing Week and beyond sales-that's when I'll treat myself to something totally decadent, all for me! I know that there are several gift cards waiting to be opened!

To everyone who treated themselves to something special-enjoy!
Old 12-22-2011, 03:19 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Although if I could play the guitar, I would totally have gotten myself what Jazzman got. Sweet!!!
Old 12-22-2011, 06:07 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I'm buying myself a new kitchen. The house that I bought after my divorce was a foreclosure that needs complete renovation. Well, the kitchen should be done by mid Jan., then I'll have to save up to buy myself some carpeting. But I also bought myself a pair of fleece PJ's, on sale, of course !!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Holidays !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-22-2011, 06:53 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Originally Posted by lillamy View Post
I'm just over the moon thrilled to have a drama-free Christmas
This is the best gift ever !! so glad to be drama-free, too. Whew! we made it
Old 12-22-2011, 08:25 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Haha, NO. I don't have the money.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:52 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

Great presents everyone!

Finally got my limited edition '94 Rockets wrist watch fixed. Means something to me as 'time' seemed to have stopped when it broke back in ~'98.. i.e. when I became a full-time drunk with no real friends. I would look at it every year or so and just toss it back in the 'junk' drawer, now sober I found out Fossil only charged ~$35 to repair it.

Also got a new (much needed) computer desk, not great quality but fits my needs, upgraded my PC with a much stronger processor and best present of all Sobriety.