Gotta LOVE the Quacking QUACKERY

Old 12-15-2011, 10:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Gotta LOVE the Quacking QUACKERY

Oh my what a day it was today. STBXAH demanded a meeting with me and my lawyer. My lawyer told him that I was going to move out. Then progressed THREE hours of a ranting tirade, with STBXAH standing up towering over the table and yelling at me.

Thought you all would appreciate his brilliant gems.

I don't have a drinking problem.
She is a nut case.
She is an evil, controlling, wicked, vindictive, bleep.
I am not going to do anything the state says.
I am not going to follow the court orders.
I am not going to do anything that my wife wants.
I will go to jail a 1000 times just to prove a point. I will not submit to any authority of the government. I will not submit to any drug and alcohol assessemnt and testing.
I don't care how my kids feel about it.
I don't care how my wife feels about it
I am not going to marriage counseling.
I am not going to talk to the pastor. I will not sign any contract to moderate my drinking. I don't have a drinking problem. I am not going to moderate my drinking. I will drink as much as I want until the day I die.
Al-Anon is driving a wedge between us. I don't want to be married to someone who thinks they can control and manipulate me.

But....I love you and I want our marriage to work. \
But I don't care what you want or how you feel.
This marriage is going to be still be all about what me and what I want, and to h#@#$ with you.
But can we agree to a moderation of my drinking?? (I about died with laughter here...OMG are you kidding me?)
What about my thirty days of not seeing the kids? Can I see them? (Snort, guffaw, laugh, UM NO!!!...he lost the visitation because he chose to drink while they were with him)....lawyer said NO, and I'd advise my client to not let you see them. You did this to yourself.

That's where it ended. But he made a total and complete fool out of himself.

I seriously needed a Diet Coke and a big tub of popcorn to go with the free show. It was a classic. Beyond EPIC. Hilarious!!!!!!!
:rotfxko

Sue
Old 12-16-2011, 04:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Jeez, sometimes I wonder if these guys were born stupid or if they take stupid pills.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Every bottle of booze comes with an invisible liner and instructions.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Okay, so as a human race we shouldn't want to get a kick out of someone elses lack of mental stablility, but after reading that, maybe after all the time his disease has affected you and hurt or maybe made you sad, this one might be the best, cause you have an outside view looking in now! You really see what it is, and how others around you have probably seen it for along time. I wish my STBXAH would put on a show like that, not that I want justification, but to me that is full blown justification for every reason many of us decide to move on!
Old 12-16-2011, 08:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just to share something that might make you chuckle, because of the clear ludacrisness (not a real word) of the thing...yet you all know the feeling.

two months ago my A got a DUI...He had driven his car into a ditch about a half-mile from my house in the wee hours of the morning. Naturally, he walked back to my house and like any sane, sober person and drove the bright orange family golf cart back to his car - then proceeded to attempt to tow his car out of the ditch with the golf cart. The cops found him slumped over his steering wheel - pantsless - with the car running and golf cart abandoned in the road.

obviously, according to him he was sober. he even told the cops they were trespassing on our property and he was going to file a wrongful arrest suit. Quack?
Old 12-16-2011, 08:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

wow. Just......wow.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yeah- there are no words to even describe the depths of denial they go into. It still amazes me.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm hoping HIS lawyer saw the show, too??

CLMI
Old 12-16-2011, 09:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

And you paid your lawyer for three hours so that this guy could rant and rave? Your AH will cost you money and your lawyer will not try to save you any money. Choose what you use your lawyer for wisely because divorce is expensive.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

So, like, did you record any of this...for posterity?
Old 12-16-2011, 05:13 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Learn2Live View Post
And you paid your lawyer for three hours so that this guy could rant and rave? Your AH will cost you money and your lawyer will not try to save you any money. Choose what you use your lawyer for wisely because divorce is expensive.
I'm right in the midst of this too...the crazy alcholic thinking and behavior can drive legal fees to the MOON. I'll be negotiating this out this next week...but my atty did tell me in the very beginning: "simple case, should be simple. BUT when there is addiction involved...all bets are off...they are completely unpredictable."

Isn't that comforting???
Old 12-16-2011, 07:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Yup Ms Grace, just watched BF go through this with his A&AXW. He will be paying for this thing forever. I tried to tell him to get smart about it, but they insisted on dragging it out, wasting all that money fighting, which should have gone toward the kids' educations but instead went to pay for both their lawyers. Just plain bad financial decisions giving money to lawyers to buy them and their families luxuries while everyone else is left struggling.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:18 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Yup Ms Grace, just watched BF go through this with his A&AXW. He will be paying for this thing forever. I tried to tell him to get smart about it, but they insisted on dragging it out, wasting all that money fighting, which should have gone toward the kids' educations but instead went to pay for both their lawyers. Just plain bad financial decisions giving money to lawyers to buy them and their families luxuries while everyone else is left struggling.
So we could earn millions ourselves IF we could develop some way to have alcoholics be rational in divorce! Alas...it is not to be. Very difficult..
Old 12-17-2011, 06:48 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

THIS. I would have ended the "meeting" after 5 min by leaving (and notifying my lawyer that I will NOT be paying for anything past that 5 min). Make sure your attorney tells the court that you attempted mediation with him and this is what you got.

If your stbx insists on more "meetings" ask for shuttle mediation (where the parties sit in separate rooms and the mediator goes back and forth). When I did this suddenly my exah was not so eager to mediate and signed the papers.
Old 12-17-2011, 07:05 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Well, at least you have a credible witness to exactly what kind of insanity you have been dealing with. There is really no way now he could deny that kind of behavior.

If you have to undergo this again (and I hope that you don't) I suggest you bring a video or audio recorder. If you go to court and its ruled admissable, playing that ought to bring the divorce to a very swift conclusion. Not a lawyer talking here, so I'm not giving legal advice....

Might also be useful during those times when you are feeling discouraged and wonder why you are going to all the trouble or are feeling weak and want to give in. Watch and remember...

Hopefully, this will be resolved sooner rather than later and you can go on to your big, bright, shiny future!!!
Old 12-17-2011, 07:40 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

As someone said, it really isn't nice to ENJOY these types of stories...but sometimes you have to laugh to keep from crying. I did enjoy the tales of quackery today. I've been divorced for ten years now but this brought back memories.
Old 12-17-2011, 07:45 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
what frightens me is that that mentality could very well be standing right in front of me in the check out line of the grocery store! nutjobs ready to blow.
Could be. I hear and read stories that just make me shake my head. One story in the local paper last year--guy had a drug/alcohol problem, was abusive, wife had him removed from the home and got a restraining order. Husband parked his car in her driveway and didn't attempt to come in the house, but just sat there in his car in her driveway for hours staring at the house. The wife finally called the police because he wouldn't leave. Cops came and arrested him, and under NJ law, by breaking the RO he automatically gets two months in jail. They went to court, and the judge sentences the husband to his two months, at which point the husband turns around and screams at his wife, "Now I am going to jail because of YOU?" and JUMPED on her, hands around her neck, right there in front of the judge.

And now he's in jail for much longer than two months.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:18 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=PurpleSquirrel;3208649]Well, at least you have a credible witness to exactly what kind of insanity you have been dealing with. There is really no way now he could deny that kind of behavior.

QUOTE]

THIS was why I did not end the meeting after 5 minutes. He started right in, and THIS behavior was worth sticking around for, so my lawyer could see what was going on.

But NO more meetings for me. I am.NOT.interested.

Sue
Old 12-17-2011, 09:21 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Could be. I hear and read stories that just make me shake my head. One story in the local paper last year--guy had a drug/alcohol problem, was abusive, wife had him removed from the home and got a restraining order. Husband parked his car in her driveway and didn't attempt to come in the house, but just sat there in his car in her driveway for hours staring at the house. The wife finally called the police because he wouldn't leave. Cops came and arrested him, and under NJ law, by breaking the RO he automatically gets two months in jail. They went to court, and the judge sentences the husband to his two months, at which point the husband turns around and screams at his wife, "Now I am going to jail because of YOU?" and JUMPED on her, hands around her neck, right there in front of the judge.

And now he's in jail for much longer than two months.
I could totally see my husband doing something like this. He would have nothing to lose.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:55 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Gucking fidiot.