Brag thread - OT, kinda

Old 01-04-2012, 04:10 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by theuncertainty View Post
Well test score back. I am less than thrilled with myself.
That just means you get to study a bit more and dream bigger dreams!
Old 01-04-2012, 04:14 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I was less than thrilled when I failed my last IT certification exam!

Are you planning to try again?

I say give yourself a treat for trying, distract yourself a bit then come back for the 2nd round!
Old 01-04-2012, 04:23 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Besides my 3 fantastic kids and one precious grandbaby, I'm most proud of the business I built from the ground up. With only a HS education & tons of hard work, I have been a professional photographer for 7 years and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!

One other thing I'm very proud of is I am no longer in denial or an enabler in any way. My husband is 3 years sober and I think it's a direct result of me focusing on my happiness and learning to live MY best life and staying out of his recovery. By nature, I'm a fixer of all things, so I am very proud of letting go!
Old 01-04-2012, 04:40 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

You are still an inspiration! I have been teaching elementary and middle school since 1985 and still want to go back to school, I love going to class! I need a business degree/classes to open a bookstore/renovate a hotel in New Smyrna Beach Florida I saw when I visited there last summer! Thanks for inspiring me!
Old 01-05-2012, 03:22 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Yesterday afternoon was hard. A lot of stuff piled up: the test score, a pipe leak at home, malfunctioning heater, letter from child support services saying they can do a re-eval of what XAH is paying (umm, he's currently NOT paying, TYVM), flak from the girl at the pharmacy when I tried to pick up an RX refill, insurance coverage issues, continued no response from the guy I am/was (?) dating...

I've stepped back and realized that what I was upset about wasn't my score so much as the idea that a door slammed shut on what I thought the courts would see as a legit excuse for me to get further away from XAH. (BTW, that was not the reason I started considering law school.) Yes, the score hurt, but I didn't really expect stellar heights.

I did re-eval the situation and the door isn't closed.
  • I could re-take the test
  • I could still apply to law school, the score wasn't terrible and other factors could weigh more.
  • I have full legal custody and primary physical, I could move and reasonably expect the court to allow that with modification to the visitation arrangements - even if law school isn't the reason for the move.
  • I have lately been feeling more creative and was actually thinking of the Masters of Fine Arts program for creative writing at the local University.
  • I found a house I love on a 1/2 acre that I can afford.
  • My boss is discussing retiring by the end of 2013 and wants me to take on more responsibility and train to step into her spot when she does retire. And she wanted to know about my law school plans so she could plan accordingly.

Who knows, maybe law school isn't the path. Maybe my HP is trying to show me other options. Or maybe s/he just wants me to work harder to get it. My studying for the test wasn't really... focused.

So here's another brag: Last year, well not even that far back, something like this would have knocked me flat for a really long time. Now... I'm picking myself up and brushing myself off the next day. And maybe that's something my HP wanted to show me.