AH off to soberliving

Old 12-02-2011, 12:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

AH off to soberliving

Well, after a long hellish 6months of rehab, and detox, my AH is off to sober living for a month. i have the divorce papers in hand ready to go at any time, but im just waiting now.

will a month of sobriety change the way i feel? probably not. would six months of sobriety change my thoughts, possibly. but really thinking about it, if he was sober 3 yrs, and then relapsed and caused myself or our kids harm, financial trouble, emotional distress, etc....
who would i blame for the damage?

I would blame myself for sticking around when i already know that hes an A.

so what is that telling me? perhaps that ive hit my rockbottom.that ive just become so fed up w/ the drama that i can never truly trust that hell be good husband or father material permanently.

if i married a normie, would this even be a thought in my mind? God NO! noones perfect, but i imagine we'd be working on actual marriage and family concepts, like, planning for our retirement, saving for college funds, talking about traveling, and negotiating our parenting skills.

Instead i sit here and question if this man can ever be the man i need in my life. something tells me that that pondering that question alone is the answer im looking for.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't understand. If he has been in detox and rehab for 6 months is he not already 6 months sober?
Old 12-02-2011, 12:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Yeah, sometimes, recovery just comes too late. Relapse is always a possibility, so unless you're prepared to go through all this again, you may have actually answered your own question.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dgillz View Post
I don't understand. If he has been in detox and rehab for 6 months is he not already 6 months sober?
Me neither.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

no hes not been sober. he had 90 days sober (with inpatient and outpatient program). day 90 he relapsed and hasnt been sober for more than 20 days since. each re-occurence has been progressively worse and ive had to take him to detox twice to start over, only to drink again after a week or so...