Website with GREAT information for F&F

Old 11-22-2011, 11:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Website with GREAT information for F&F

I found this website and was blown away with how accurately it addressed all the concerns/questions that the Friends and Family of Alcoholics/Addicts typically have.

I Have a Son / Daughter / Mother / Father / Girlfriend / Boyfriend Who is Addicted to Drugs or Alcohol – What Can I do to Help Them?

Thank you for letting me share!
Shannon
Old 11-22-2011, 02:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you. I read the whole thing and am feeling somewhat better about things. I am going to my first Al-Anon meeting in just over an hour - wish me luck!
Old 11-23-2011, 12:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great reading!! thanks
Old 11-24-2011, 02:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Journey To Me

Excellent reading! I will save and pass this on. Thank you!
Old 11-24-2011, 06:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I want to thank you so very much for this, i have read it all, it has helped me alot and showed me what i did wrong.. i will find a meeting to go to.. i warned my bf that he would have to leave if he continued to get drunk, i had his things packed once and told him if he didn't leave i'd call the cops.. but he told me to calm down and he would get help, i didn't continue to fight with him, he fell asleep.. things where ok for a few weeks when he was sober i said lets go talk to someone at that time he said 12 step programs didn't work.. i told him i couldn't go on like this that every time he went out i would worry about him and wonder if something would happen...
then one day he was gone for 12 hours no phone calls or text messages i was worried sick, i couldn't eat and i knew i had to because i'm diabetic...at that point i was upset , i pulled out a suit case and packed all of his things and had it by the door, when he came in he was a mess. i knew he was to drunk and would pass out and he did, i couldn't sleep, he woke up to use the bathroom, i told him that he was going to be leaving he fell back to sleep, at 8am i had called a friend and asked her if she would come over and help me get him out, that i wanted him to leave.. i woke him up told him he had 15 minutes to get up and ready and that he needed to make some calls as to where he was going.. i think he was shocked as much as i was, and it was hard ..i didn't know about your site yet and never heard of alanon... i will say that the best part of this is that he is in treatment now and is getting the help he needs, i've seen a pic of him and he looks so much better. he talks better and is more caring and has taken responsibility for his actions.. i have stated on another blog i'd love to give him a second chance, but right now he is in another state, like mentioned the longer in treatment the better and i have checked on help here and i can get him help as soon as he gets here when he feels he is strong enough to leave there..
thank you so much for the help of all of you wonderful people and for this site i will tell lots of people about you.. i'm not even sure how i found you.. you have given me the tools to get help for myself and how to help him .. Praise the Lord God Bless all of you
Old 11-25-2011, 01:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi gang

That's a wonderful website, sounds like a great recovery center. But there is one problem. SoberRecovery pays for the servers, the staff, the ISP, by selling advertising. Our advertisers, who pay money for the privilege of supporting SoberRecovery would much prefer if we did not have links in the Forums giving a free plug to competing recover centers.

We have to pay the rent, no way around that. For that reason I am going to move the link to the Free Listing section here on SR so it is still available to the membership, but does not take money out of our "rent pot".

Mike
Moderator, SoberRecovery