Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

November 22 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 11-21-2011, 11:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

November 22 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

It is strange to think that many groups are hardly aware of the Twelve Traditions and their importance to keeping an Al-Anon group strong and united. The Traditions guard us from the destructive effects of dominance by individual members. They make us all equal, so we can work together in harmony to achieve our spiritual growth and understanding.

When each member of the group is familiar with the traditions and helps to make them work in the group, we are safe from many of the hazards that beset people who come together for a particular purpose.

In Al-Anon, conflicting views become merely differing views, so our problems can be solved with tolerant understanding and mutual respect.

When problems arise, we refer to Chapter 10 of LIVING WITH an ALCOHOLIC, where we find explanations and solutions arrived at through the Twelve Traditions.

TODAY's REMINDER

I will make it my business to familiarize myself with the Twelve Traditions of Al-Anon so I can do my part toward promoting growth for the group and each member in it.

“Our common welfare should come first; personal progress for the greatest number depends upon unity.” (Tradition One)