You've come a long way baby...

Old 11-21-2011, 08:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

You've come a long way baby...

So My AH called last week to get some details about his mail and a pharmacy phone call. I could not tell if he was drunk or not but he was very nice and sweet and we talked for over an hour. Usually that is a sign that he's had a few. He said things like " I am tired of hurting and being angry and being alone." He said he wanted to move forward from here on and be friends. This is probably the closest to an apology as he is able to give at tis point. I know it sounds like a trap. He also said he was trying to cut back on the drinking. I've heard that before. But he did not say he was stopping the drinking so he is still in denial and not wanting to seek sobriety. I tried to just be happy in the moment. The fact that we were able to have a good conversation like old friends and not be resentful or angry about the past or think that this phone call meant anything more.
So I take a deep breath. I've come a long way. I have much further to go.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

One off the greatest gifts that al-anon gave me was that things don't have to be black and white, there are lots of grays. You make your boundaries and you stick to them, but you can also change the boundary if you need to. You have come a long way!! Good luck on your journey to wellness.