I just wanna sit at home by myself

Old 11-14-2011, 09:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
once in a . . .

I just wanna sit at home by myself

R(?)AH + I had a pretty good weekend, nice + quiet – he made spaghetti + we sat around + watched dvds, went to grocery store with son --- yesterday was his 3rd day of sobriety + I just couldn’t really relax –
I was s’posed to go to a noon mtg today but I JUST DON’T WANT TO! (stamps foot) and I called + cancelled my ride

For years + years I have been SOOOOO good at isolating and these past few weeks I have made SERIOUS EFFORT to NOT do that, to get out and go to meetings, to actually share at meetings, to talk to people afterwards, to get phone numbers and TRY to call people – (I have to to get rides cuz I don’t drive) - - -

Today I just want to be alone in my little apartment, have lunch, nap, watch tv, surf the internet and just be quiet . . . and maybe work on the little miniture stuffees for the granddaughters : )

I AM working on a ride for tomorrow night’s meeting tho! It IS good to be here, even when I don’t like it much!

Blue
Old 11-14-2011, 09:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
TeM

I can understand that. I'm one of those weird people who doesn't mind being alone. Sitting in the recliner, sipping good coffee, watching an old movie.... that's a near-perfect afternoon for me.

Okay, I like having the dog in my lap... does that count?