my mum needs help

Old 11-13-2011, 11:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

my mum needs help

hello everyone, an incident happened last night with her bf and her ex bf...

my mum was drunk her bf had gone to bed she must of texted her ex askin him to go back up to her house, he went up and they must of been talking and ended up kissin her bf walked in on them both kissing.. Her bf said I've seen it all now my mum appologized :s and her ex said shall I go my mum said yes

my mum and her bf kicked off they both took tablets my mum also got a knife and wanted to kill her self an ambulance got rung and both of them ended up at A&E both are now gonna see the special doctor on all this

I've recommended this site for my mum and told her she must join... What an hectic night but I found out about it this morning I was gob smacked
Old 11-13-2011, 01:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Journey To Me

Hopefully your mom will follow your advice, and also get the help she needs. It sounds like it was a doozy of a night.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

She's gonna end up killin her self she's not well as it is I keep tellin her and it goes in one ear and out the other
Old 11-13-2011, 04:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Dawnie24,

Just read your post- I dont know how long your mother has been like this,Just know from my experience that whatever you say about her that she is going to kill herself and it goes in one ear and out of the other and to get help,
Could you maybe get help for yourself first and foremost,I know that may sound a bit harsh,and for you to read as many postings as possible on this forum ,just for you !

All my best wishes
Old 11-13-2011, 05:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Journey To Me

Then it sounds like you have done all that you can. You cannot control her. Her choice to remain ill is just that- her choice. You cannot force her into doing something she doesn't want to do. Let her be herself, and you focus on you.

I don't know your entire story as to how you came across SR, but I am glad you had. Do you attend Al-Anon? I think Al-Anon will help get the support you are needing in person.

It is so hard to watch someone you love going through this, and it is unfortunate that there is not a magic fix-a-drunk key that allows us all to turn to heal those we love. The problem is we cannot fix them at all despite how hard we try. It is up to the alcoholic to get tired of it, to be done with it, and to gain the will power to get the help to stay away for good.