Stupid Opinions - A Rant

Old 11-05-2011, 04:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Stupid Opinions - A Rant

Today I was subjected to my XAH's opinion on the tart in my tart warmer, how steak should be cooked, how often I was coloring my hair, how loud the kids playing outside were, the music I was listening to, etc. etc. ad nauseum....

It is just really ticking me off. No matter what happens to him - no matter how humbling, no matter how many times his HP raps him on the head and reminds him how his ego has wrecked almost everything important to him, he just doesn't learn.

I don't give a rosy red damn what he thnks about anything. I am getting sick and tired of being subjected to his opinion on everything. It never EVER occurs to him that his feelings about things are totally subjective.

The other day he said to me, "You never want to talk about anything, ever." Gee, I wonder why? As soon as I open my mouth I am talked down about whatever it is.

GRRRR......

Old 11-05-2011, 04:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I'm confused. Sorry, don't know your story, but, if he's your ex, why is he in a position to even know about those things? If it were me and he said that stuff, I'd just say it's really none of your business so take your opinions to someone who cares what you think.

Yeah, I didn't do so well in tact class, but I don't care. Some people don't deserve tact.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Rant away, good for the soul!
Old 11-05-2011, 05:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I don't talk to my exah or listen to him anymore (yes we have a child together). It's done wonders for my sanity.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Some people just love to hear themselves talk!! Drives me nuts -- especially when I had to live with 'em!!
Old 11-06-2011, 03:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I guess I am really struggling with detachment these days. I need to just let him ramble on. Hopefully the blank and uninterested look on my face will sink through.