feeling yuchy.........

Old 12-05-2003, 04:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

feeling yuchy.........

Good Morning Friends,
I am feeling a bit yuchy this morning. I am tired of feeling so lousey and lonely. I feel like I want to run away from life. I really need a good day, a day where I feel like a real human, where I can have some positive moods going on. I wish someone or something could help me. Why is it that nothing helps? oh
Old 12-05-2003, 04:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Rose,

That feeling of wanting to run away for me is the same as feeling trapped. That is when I know a boundary is being trampled and I have to take some action.

The last time I felt that way is when Beav kept asking for stuff and telling me I did nothing for him...he was in jail. I wrote him a letter telling him to stop asking for money and favors and I pointed out only a few of the things I HAVE done for him. I felt better...it didn't stop him for long but at least I had let him know and I could remind him of my boundary if he pushed too hard.

Since that letter he knows where I stand and our relationship improved.

Ya know Rose, I treat this stuff like a formula. If I know what the root cause of a feeling is I take action to not only shore up my boundaries but to guard and protect my own serenity. I will not ever again give it away...to anyone!

If you take an action and experience the result you will be off and running!

That's just me,
JT
Old 12-05-2003, 05:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Rose

When I'm feeling that way, I have to force myself into action. Usually my best medicine is to do something nice for someone else. It's hard to bust out of a bad mood, but it's definately possible. Here's hoping that you feel better soon. Hugs to you pal.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 12-05-2003, 09:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Friends, I will get there somehow.
Old 12-05-2003, 09:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Queen of one liners

Rose,

I know the feeling Rose...Sometimes when I am just to tired and worn out from trying to firgue me out..LOL.(I'll never get that job done) .I look really hard around me to see if I can do something for some one else who needs a hand up too...maybe a senior who likes a certain kind of ice cream but is on a limited budget...or someone would like to go into town but doesn't feel like driving in themselves, maybe someone from your church could use a hand wrapping presents.... you know the kind of things I mean..

I DON'T feel like doing it to begin with Rose but I must take the action to get ME out of the pit...

I don't really know your situation Rose but I know the feeling.

I will be sending love and prayers your way.
Old 12-05-2003, 01:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
{tap}{tap}...Is this thing on?

Rose,

I know that feeling as well and am sorry that you are currently in the midst of it. A good friend who is a recovering A shared the HALT slogan with me which might help. When GF is starting to feel that icky feeling it is usually one of the items

H - hungry
A - angry
L - lonely
T - tired

This has worked for me when I start to feel the ick starting and I am picking up the GIANT bat (to beat myself up) and getting ready to swing. Now I try to figure out which of the feelings is the strongest and where it comes from, then do the next right thing at that moment. It might be getting lunch, taking a nap, saying serenity prayer or calling someone.

I hope that you will be feeling better soon. The holidays definitely put me in a funk more than I like to admit. Daffodil's wrapping presents sounds like a great plan. Since I am in Raleigh too, let me know if you decide to get your tape out - I have a few items I would LOVE some help with!

Peace Rose,

Petunia