Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

October 18 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 10-19-2011, 09:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

October 18 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

A brief study of some intangibles:

Our attitudes are usually conveyed to other people by what we say and do – and how, if the attitudes really reflect what we feel. Gentle actions and soft, courteous words may only counterfeit our true feelings. We may even think we have overcome resentment, self-righteousness and self-pity, but if they are still there inside us, they will, in some mysterious way, emanate from us and deny what we try to convey by our play-acting.

“How can he tell?” asks a confused wife, “I never raise my voice, never argue, try to do what he expects, and yet he’s always challenging me!”

TODAY’S REMINDER

Merely to change my behavior, and what I say and do, does not prove a change of inward attitude. I am deceiving myself if I imagine I can completely disguise my real feelings. They will somehow come through, and prolong the hostility in my family. I must root out entirely the troublesome emotions I’ve been trying to hide.

“There are more things in heaven and earth…than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” – William Shakespeare