Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

October 16 in The Little Blue book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

Old 10-17-2011, 12:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

October 16 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

All kinds of people turn to Al-Anon for help – rich and poor, educated and unschooled, people with social polish and people without.

Sometimes, it may be observed that those who have had more advantages tend to be a little patronizing of others; they may criticize faulty grammar or poor speech or inappropriate clothing.

It is fortunate that those with the illusion of superiority have come to Al-Anon, for they will find out that it is a fellowship of equals. It often happens that a person from whom they least expect spiritual insight will make a statement that reaches directly to the heart of the hearers, to give light and comfort and hope.

TODAY’S REMINDER

I am in Al-Anon to help myself solve my problems, to overcome my shortcomings, and to help others find serenity just as I am trying to find it. I will make no personal judgments nor criticisms, but will humbly accept the good in everything I find in the fellowship.

“Who am I to judge God’s children by their manner of speaking or by what they wear? I will listen for the help they can give me.”