SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Bringing back TGIF! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/238678-bringing-back-tgif.html)

Tuffgirl 10-14-2011 07:58 AM

Bringing back TGIF!

Since I am too lazy this morning to dig out the TGIF thread, plus I am sure its HUGE by now, I am starting a new one.

Thank God its Friday. This week has been an up and down week emotionally. I am taking the afternoon off and painting my upstairs hallway, in which I have a small alcove for a little home office, and I am making a desk out of an old piece of artwork. So off to Lowe's I go (shoulda bought that stock a decade ago when I had the chance) and I am looking forward to puttering around the house this weekend.

My new puppy ate my house closing documents so I get to have a good laugh with my mortgage broker today when I pick up my copies. Did I mention how cute he is? And I am actually looking forward to going to the bank this morning?! Hhhmmm...more to be revealed...

What are you all doing this weekend? Share your TGIF thoughts and weekend plans here, and hopefully we can all start the weekend off on a positive note!

P.S. Shellcrusher (the OP of the original TGIF thread)- you are missed!

Happy Friday! :c033:

OnMyWay11 10-14-2011 08:03 AM

I thought Friday would never come this week....

In my quest to enjoy ME, horseback riding on Saturday mornings has become my new adventure, so I will do that. Always wanted to ride, but it never fit into everyone else's schedule so.....

Meeting friends for an evening out tonight, grading student papers the rest of the weekend.

I hope everyone can enjoy this beautiful fall weather :)

nodaybut2day 10-14-2011 08:11 AM

Wheeee it's FRIDAY!!! My week was short, due to the Canadian Thanksgiving on Monday, but it felt super long and exhausting.

Since it's raining and yucky here (and it apparently will be all week-end), I'll be trying to find some interesting indoor activities for DD and I. She has swimming class on Saturday morning, and perhaps I'll take her to one of those indoor playgrounds so she can go nuts. Sometimes just letting her run around at the mall is enough! I am considering whether or not I want to go tango dancing this week-end...perhaps Saturday or Sunday night.

And today...well, in an hour, I have...a date...with a rather magnetic fellow who teaches me tango. *swoon* :)

fedup3 10-14-2011 08:21 AM

Shopping and running around after work today and tomorrow. Maybe I'll go to the movies tomorrow night, there are some really good ones out now. Sunday I'm having 3 of my girlfriends over for dinner, can't wait!

DMC 10-14-2011 12:24 PM

I worked an overnight last night, so got an abridged night's sleep, but it's a gorgeous day, I just back from a 5 mile run, and am going to head out and buy pumpkins!

Some friends from work are throwing a pumpkin carving party Monday for another coworker's children (my surrogate nephews and niece) are I am heading out to find pumpkins.

Did I mention that it's a gorgeous day?? One of those days that you rejoice in being alive. :)

StarCat 10-14-2011 12:39 PM

There's an "Open House" sort of event at work, so my mother and two youngest brothers are coming up for the weekend. My aunt and uncle from out of state will be driving up on Saturday, as well, and we're all going to have dinner at my local-uncle's house.

It's a lot of hassle, and I was nervous about it for a bit, but I am really looking forward to it!

chronsweet 10-14-2011 12:52 PM

I will be bringing my 21 month old son to his first 'birthday invite'. They are getting a jumper, so that should be fun for him. There will also be carne asada tacos (Mmmmmmm). The ABF will be coming as long as he can stay sober. It starts at 4 pm. HAHA. Anyone wanna place any *virtual bets*. LOL. Gotta have a sense of humor sometimes, RIGHT!

DMC, it's been a pretty gorgeous week here in San Diego too! It was almost 100 degrees yesterday (in OCTOBER)!

Kassie2 10-14-2011 02:45 PM

It was a gruelling week for me! I thought it would never end! And it almost didn't.... long story - short form -I thought i was done for the day earlier that usual - since most of the administration was out I thought I would take leave early but near the end of what would have been my day - I was informed that I had been given a load of work to accomplish before I left! Oh well, did my best. I had plans but they were cancelled at the last minute... I guess a weekend of nothing pressing to do is called "relaxation time" which I plan to utilize completely!
( Us older folks can only do so much )

Cyranoak 10-14-2011 03:03 PM

I'm super excited. Spending tonight with wife and daughter, tomorrow with buddies at the Huskies game which should be a win (in a financially successful friend's hospitality suite), and Sunday in the mountains!

Should be a good weekend.

Cyranoak

Leaping 10-14-2011 03:46 PM

I am coaching four soccer games this weekend, weather should be in the 70s and I have just been asked to take a team to a competitive tournament in November. Looking forward to a weekend outside with my girls and their teammates enjoying the beautiful game!

DMC 10-14-2011 04:17 PM

I'm in Central Florida, where it was 84 degrees with only 40% humidity, bright sun and a nice breeze. :) We don't really have much autumn to speak of, but "winter" is worth it!

Tuffgirl 10-28-2011 08:14 AM

:bump

Once again - let's head into the weekend on a positive note! I am glad its Friday!

This weekend I am doing...nothing. On purpose. I have no plans. Well, except the usual running kids around stuff.

It's cold here, a little bit of snow on the ground, I have several new books to read, and a log for the fireplace. I am looking forward to reading and relaxing, maybe taking the dogs out for a run, maybe ordering in from my favorite local restaurant, maybe cleaning my bathroom...but I don't have to do anything this weekend and that is a really nice feeling!

What are your weekend plans?

nodaybut2day 10-28-2011 08:53 AM

Tuffgirl, I envy your week-end of nothingness. I only WISH I could do that. Alas, with a moody toddler around, it ain't happening :)

My week-end...tonight, my parents, my daughter and I may go see the Chinese Lantern exposition at the Botanical Gardens...if it's too cold, we may just go buy DD her winter boots (ouch my wallet) and let DD run around the mall, which she adores doing.

I plan on going to sleep EARLY tonight and sleeping in till...as late as DD lets me (read: 7:00 a.m.).

Tomorrow at 12h15, DD has swimming lessons...so I'll have to put on a REAL happy face to convince her to go. The rest of the day will be spend doing the usual chores and shopping (boo).

Sunday...is MY day, but only after 6:30 p.m. I'll be going to a Halloween tango party at a milonga where a certain fellow I have my eye on will be :lmao Many lovely tangoes are sure to follow.

AllAboutheGirls 10-28-2011 09:25 AM

I'm completly distracted today, I'm at work and still distracted. So I'm giving in today and am just going to go with "it". I have no big plans for the entire weekend either but just changing my mindset today to the weekend really helps. Thanks for bringing this back.

Tonight we have a football game. So pizza for dinner - no cooking tonight Yay! I'm sleeping in as late as I can tomorrow and possibly a trip to the mall is in order :) Sunday the girls and I are going to watch scary movies all day to get us in the Halloween mood.

Happy Weekend!

StarCat 10-28-2011 10:45 AM

Tonight, I am sleeping early I think.
Tomorrow I'm getting the oil changed in my car, and then no plans - who knows?
Sunday there's an Al-Anon luncheon I'll be attending with a friend.

Monday I'll be taking off work to drive quite a few hours with two friends, to a rather fun Halloween-themed even that I've been looking forward to since I missed it last year (we had tickets, but XABF was too drunk to attend, as usual). This year, I get to go! And it will be a blast.

fedup3 10-28-2011 11:01 AM

Trying yoga for the first time tonight, a little nervous that I'll be clutchy. Tomorrow X and mutual good friend is coming over to pick up some household items that X wants as he's moving into a new apartment. Not looking forward to it at all seeing I haven't seen him since he moved out 3 weeks ago. He's still begging me to move back home with me even though we're divorced. He needs his mommy. Oh well, Sunday no plans maybe a movie and Monday my daughter is coming over to make me dinner, help hang new bedroom shades and just hang out enjoying the trick and treaters coming to the house.

Jazzman 10-28-2011 11:46 AM

Off the weekly rotation of 24x7 on call as of noon today. My b-day was Tuesday so this is celebrate Scotts bday weekend. Have happy hour w/ my buds tonight, dinner at the Chart House tomorrow, friends over for football food Sunday.. whats not to like! TGIF!!

lillamy 10-28-2011 02:49 PM

Also heading into a weekend of small-to-no plans -- getting over a cold, some Halloween stuff for the kids... and then of course the ever-glorious chores of my normal life: Cleaning, grocery shopping, laundry...

But I have to admit I enjoy the "boring" everyday life and search out the lack of drama wherever I can find it. I love the sense of accomplishment when my home is clean and the laundry is folded and the fridge and pantry stacked for the upcoming week. It's my little life and I'm so in love with it.

LaTeeDa 10-28-2011 04:48 PM

No big plans here. I'll probably do the same thing I always do when I have no plans--tromp around somewhere in nature with my camera. ;)

L